Prologue: Part IV

So sorry for being a little late on this chapter, art is exhausting LMAO

Also! This chapter is a longer one, so I hope you enjoy! <3

*:・゚✩☾✩*:・゚

____________________________________________________________

.

.

 "You'll be joining me as well, Huli Jing."

     Callisto growled at Princess Iron Fan, ignoring their friends' confused glances. "I won't be going anywhere..."

     MK and Mei finally situated themselves, standing up in a fighting position. "That's right! Calli's staying right here with us! And this staff belongs to the Monkey King, there's no way I am letting you take it."

"Doaww, you're just a little Noodle Boy playing at being a hero.." She mocked, bringing the end of her fan back down to her side. "Sorry to disappoint... Playtime is over.."

     MK immediately jumped into action at her words, lunching at PIF with the staff.

"Kid, no!" "MK, stop!" Both Pigsy and Callisto tried to stop MK from attacking the demoness but were too late for his risky actions.

     As MK brought the staff back to attack Princess Iron Fan, the woman summoned the same gauntlet that Red Son had made to be able to wield the staff. When he brought the staff down, Princess Iron Fan stopped it with just a single finger. A loud echo of a bell rang as the two collided, blasts of energy releasing from the two.

"No, no, no-..." Callisto quickly figured something bad was going to happen with MK in his situation. They made their decision and undone their glamour, fox tails and ears in all of their glory. Callisto knelt down and pushed off the ground with incredible force, lunging to grab MK out of harm's way.

"MK!" They shouted as PIF grabbed the staff just as they were about to hold onto MK, but they were too late to get him out of the way and both MK and Callisto were thrown back with a massive force from the staff, the rock underneath them splitting as they flew across the rock and molten lava.

     As the fox shook themself from their daze, they transformed into their mist form, about to help MK land safely. However, a pillar of lava blocked them for just a second too long and they lost track of where MK flew to, causing them to panic and fly as fast as they could around the mountains to try and find where MK might have landed or would land.

.

.

.

     Mei, Pigsy, Tang, and Sandy all sat on the ship, making their way back to the city. The atmosphere turned dark compared to the sunny, cruise-like journey they had earlier in the day.

     Pigsy leaned over the side of the boat, staring into his reflection sadly. "They can't be gone... They can't!" Pigsy grieved at the possible loss of the two kids he took in and acted like a father to.

     Sandy laid a gentle hand over the pig's shoulder. "I'm sorry, Pigsy..."

"There was nothing we could do..." Tang piped in from the opposite side of the boat, not looking at Sandy or Pigsy.

"Nothing..? NOTHING?! I could've done somethin'!" Pigsy stomped towards his husband, grabbing Tang's scarf and pulling him down to his level in anger. "I should've protected MK, protected Calli! I should've protected our kids!"

     Pigsy looked down at the ground, unable to look his husband in the eye anymore as tears started to escape from the pig's eyes. "It's over..."

"It's not over." Tang immediately responded, gently taking Pigsy's hooves into his hands and squeezing them gently. "We can't help MK or Callisto. From what you described to us; it seems they might be able to save MK from the attack Princess Iron Fan made on him. So, it's up to them. However, we can make sure no more lives are lost. Make sure their sacrifices were not in vain."