Kiri x Rotxo: Teacher

A loose request from @xo_Heavan_xo

Kiri and Rotxo fluff in the reef

I heard Roxto is actually very sweet, and its just a lookalike thats mean to the kids. Apparently Tonowari encourages Ao'nung to hang out with Rotxo because hes a good influence? and i love that

Made up a name for Kiri's Ilu, if it has a real one pls correct me

...

"Why do I need to learn this stuff? I don't really care."

"You have to! If you want to be Metkayina, these are very important things." Rotxo cheered. He was leading her to a peaceful spot, away from the rest of the clan so they could have their lesson in peace.

"Why couldn't I have Tsireya?"

"Because she is teaching your brother. Maybe doing a bit more then they are meant to," Roxto smirked, and turned around to watch Kiri roll her eyes. "What? They are meant to be. We both know it. Has Lo'ak not become happier?"

"I guess," Kiri groaned.

"We are here!" Roxto exclaimed. They were in an area with lots of smooth rock, high enough that they could see over the marui pods. The sun was setting, bathing the scene in orange.

"This is quite nice, water boy." Kiri's tone lifted, barely. Rotxo beamed at her.

"I  know! I have not told anyone. Come! Sit with me. I will teach you how to weave." He dropped the basket he had been carrying, taking out leaves that had been divided into tiny strands. "Forest girl."

Kiri smiled and sat down opposite him.

"I already know how to weave."

"Then I will teach you how we do it. It is like the way of the water. It must flow between strands, like this." Rotxo weaved a small patch, and held it up to show her.

"See? How it is curved? Is that how you did it before, in the forest?" Kiri shook her head. "Well?" Rotxo said, and Kiri stared at him expectantly.

"What?"

"Show me." He smiled.

Kiri huffed, a small smile gracing her features. Rotxo admired her, how the glow of orange made her face shine. He watched the small ticks in her face as she concentrated, the pinch of her brows and her smile falling as she weaved.

"Wow," He sighed.

"What?" Kiri raised a brow and met his gaze. Rotxo jumped.

"Did I say that aloud?"

"Yes." She chuckled. "I don't think my weaving is good enough to 'wow' over."

"I think so," Rotxo said, even though he hadn't glanced once at her weaving.  Kiri caught on, laughing. 

"Come on, water boy," She laughed, lightly smacking Rotxo's knee. "Pull yourself together." Rotxo blushed, finally looking at Kiri's pattern. His smile faltered for a moment.

"Uh, that's nice, Kiri.." Rotxo tilted his head, staring at the warped, bent and messy pattern. Kiri hid her smile behind her hand. "It's, uh... It could use more.. practise?" Rotxo winced.

"That's mean, Rotxo. You know I'm just a beginner." Kiri teased. "How could you say something like that?"

"No, no! I didn't mean it like that, Kiri. It's fine!"

"Just fine?"

"No, it's good! It's very good, Kiri."

Kiri's leant backwards, chin pointed to the sky, a wide grin on her face. She covered her face with her hands, snorting with laughter.