the discussion between man and wife

As Daemon leaves the hall he could only think of the girl he left there. The one who looked at him with the same fire he possessed in his youth. This girl, "Alyssa" consumed his thoughts as he swiftly ignores the people in his way and heading into his wife's room. Barging through the doors like a man on a mission. Laena looks up at her husband with surprise but it develops into a small smile. He must've met Alyssa.

"Did you know?" Daemon asks with a cold stare.

"Did I know what?" Laena asks with a small smile. Theirs only so much fun she can have from the confinement of her bed. She may be five months pregnant but the maesters seemed to believe she was practically a cripple. So she'll take all the fun she could get.

"Do not play games with me Laena this is not the time for them. Did you know that girl was going to come here and say she was my bastard?" Daemon demands. Laena only looks at her husband calmly before speaking.

"I did not know of Alyssa's existence till Rhaena brought her to me and introduced her. I did not plan to have another woman give you a child and have her come her ten and three years later. Rhaena seems to be utterly enamoured with her though. She seems determined to make Alyssa her 'real' sister..." Laena smiles thinking of her daughters smile as she talked to Alyssa previously. It's the most she thinks she's seen her daughter smile in a while. Daemon stays silent through his wife's confession. He does not know what to do and it's starting to show. "What do you think of the girl?" Laena asks seeing her husbands dismal.

"I will not deny that this girl has my fire Laena... the way she stared at me. It was like staring into my former self. And that terrified me." Daemon admits with a small smile to which Laena returns.

"I told her I'd help her to be legitimised..." Laena admits. Causing her husband to look up sharply at her.

"You did what?!" Daemon exclaims. "Why would you tell a bastard child of mine they would be legitimised?! If she was legitimised by my brother, who already hates me enough I might like to add, she would disinherit our own daughters!"

"But how would you know that?!" Laena exclaims equally in volume. She grew tired of her husband judging the girl without evening meeting her like she had done. "What have our daughters even got to inherit?! Rhaenyras sons will inherit Driftmark. Whether they do or don't strike the resemblance to the captain of the citywatch! Our daughters only ability in life is to marry. That is what they will inherit. The same as Alyssa. So don't you talk to me Daemon about what our daughters will or will not inherit!"

Daemon is silent as his wife's words. It is true. Baela and Rhaena will most likely be only able to inherit land of their husbands. Hopefully Rhaenyras sons if he played his pieces right. "Then if this girl knows that is going to be her place in the court why come here for that to be her destiny?" He asks. Not particularly at his wife though, more of a rhetorical question. Yet Laena answers anyways.

"Maybe she wants to make more of a name for herself. She does not have to marry you know? I feel like she has enough of you to become a warrior..."

"I truly doubt that Laena. The girl may have spirit and the true Targaryen fire. But we must not forget that she is still only a woman and the council will not see her as anything but a breeding tool for the lord they deem wealthy enough to give her to!" Laena looks at her husband in sympathy. It seems her husband has already gotten attached to the girl.

"I believe she is going to be much more than a simple breeding mount my love..." Laena speaks as she beckons Daemon closer to her laying form. "I can feel it in my very bones and soul that that girl will achieve wonders for house Targaryen." Laena clutches her husband hand in her own as she talks of her newly unofficial claimed daughter. Maybe it was the motherly instincts kicking in? At that moment though Laena didn't care. It was Alyssa they were focusing on. Not her unborn babe that was causing havoc within her stomach.

"You should properly talk to her my dear."

"Who?" Daemon asks. Dear the seven what did Laena do to deserve a such a silly man...
"Alyssa you fool! She reminds me of yourself. Your fire is strong inside of her. I bet you anything she will claim an equally fierce dragon. You should get her a dragon!" Laena rambles as Daemons own mind wanders.

"I think the girl is too big for an egg Laena," Daemon sighs. Thinking of his own daughter Rhaena who still stood at the fire each night attempting to coach her egg to hatch. "She would need to bond with an already hatched one."

"Maybe she will claim the cannibal? She would be the fiercest girl in the land..."
"How could she be the fiercest when she's already here in front of me?" Daemon speaks with teasing evident. Laena laughs at her husbands jests but knows he genuine. She knew of her husbands infatuation with Rhaenyra. It was hardly kept very hidden. Yet in these moments she can forget about her and focus only on her husband cherishing only herself and the babe.

"I think it's time you talk with Alyssa though my husband. I fear if you leave her for too long with the girls they'll interrogate her to death!" Laena jests as she beckons her husband from the room. As he leaves she smiles at her family becoming bigger, and rubs her belly fondly. Wincing slightly at the dragon inside her kicking her roughly. "Be calm my dragon. It is not your time yet..."