Chpt 53

Chapter 53

Demar's pov

It felt like Dean had slapped me across my face but it was worth it, I remain locked up inside Racquaney's room for hours after I had setup my laptops in there. Post after post I put out to the media with the lawyer plastered in all kinds of crimes, frauds and proof of friendship with Antoine. Gazwain's relationship for several years may be that of an undercover agent with Anthonia, but I put him at the helm of the murder of Steffanique along with his angry confession that he had only been with her to get a promotion off her father.

It only took the media an hour for them to go viral, while I manipulate the system to see me as the innocent man I am who is being setup. All the deceased persons that Antoine had given the lawyer and he had posted, I posted telling the world that they were actually contract killings which was ordered by the no longer living chief and that Antoine wanted me to get rid of all data of them but I had refuse to. The FBI agent that I had spared his life and he now he was also after me, I dredged with being involved with Steffanique's kidnapping plan of Antoine's fiancé and filled it with how he like Gazwain had helped in scamming.

With a lot of proofs posted with the accusations of the men, the media was in a frenzy for the following days. I advertised a new security detector better than the one I sold to the FBI on the online sales market and sell it to a Chinese company for triple the price I had sell the other for. I set up a virus to attack any gadgets tracking my money apart from the bank and for anyone trying to find my location.

"Intellectual Murdah people edition, cock and fire full a gun like Remington, fully charge up eager for kill a man, ratty gang a fi mi gang, pusssy run up if yuh bad..." Donahue sang outside the window while banging on it.

Then the boom box came on with the song and the volume went up. "Demar, yuh waan bathe," he shouted and banged hard on the window.

No suppose him bruk di glass, my inner voice says angrily and I got up and look outside. He was dancing out in the yard while all the adults including Dean sat about outside taking him in, a ball came to him and then Demaro was tackling him for it. I smell my arms and made up my face, it has been days since I was on this. My half eaten breakfast sat on uncovered on Racquaney's dresser and my half drunken cup of tea. I close down all my gadgets, flinging away one of the chargers as it burned my hand when I unplugged it.

"Shit! Tsk, damn I've been running these for what six seven oh fuck eleven days straight now," I mutter to myself then took them to the small study/office area off the living room.

I went to my room and pull on one of my old sneakers and went outside to play ball with Donahue. Desmond joins in and his big son Jerome manages to pile me, I smile sadly and look up into the sky as a memory of Dexter doing the same thing to me slithers across my mind. I miss him, gone forever but not forgotten. So much time have passed since he took his last breath, a day that still hurts me to the very core. Someone tugs at my hand and I look down on Jerome, a teardrop escape my left eye and lands on on my arm.

He look up at me and I smile and say. "You remind me of my little brother Dexter, he use to pile me just as you did."

A wide smile spread across from his face and I chuckle. "Mi waan bathe," I say looking around at Donahue as the unwashed scent from my armpits seems to permeate the air.

Three months later...

With the children now staying at the boarding house/teacher's lodge that Dean had built on the land of the safe house and school, the house and yard now seem empty without them and that's when I realize Dean was now sporting a sexy little belly bumb. I cannot fathom how she is pregnant and I didn't notice until now, she got into her truck with her mom and Donahue put the last bag of food stuff for the children up on the back before going in and they were off.