A Truth Revealed (1)

Shikanoin Heizou
The name's Shikanoin Heizou, sharpest and most successful detective of the Tenryou Commission... Ooh, my goodness, life's really put you through the wringer recently, hasn't it? I can tell. Here, why don't you take a seat, tell me the whole story.

(Y/n)
I'm on the other side of a jail cell.

Oh Shikanoin Heizou? Oh we went to the same school. I think we had History together... ah I'm sorry I need to introduce myself.  I am (L/n) (Y/n)But most people call me (Y/n). She says she gives him a light smile.

Shikanoin Heizou
Ah, that's a lovely name. What brought you here (Y/n)? There's no need to be scared, I'm not here to hurt you. I'm just here looking for evidence of anything that could prove your innocence. (Smiles) I'm just... doing my job.

(Y/n)
She smiles.
Uh that's nice but I don't need my innocence proven... she says Turing her head to the side.

Shikanoin Heizou
(He looks concerned) So you admit your... (frowns) crime? What did you do? Or you're not comfortable telling me, I get that. It must've been pretty bad to land you here. (He says, sounding sympathetic)

(Y/n)
Ah well I didn't do the crime... but the situation is a difficult one so I will be taking the blame. She says with a sad smile.

Shikanoin Heizou
(Smiles warmly) Taking the blame... even though you didn't do anything. Why? (I say, sounding curious) The situation must be very bad... why would you take the blame for it? If there's any way I can help you, I would like to lend you a hand.

(Y/n)
Ah well... you see what happened was... there was an accident and my step- mother accidentally poisoned someone in high rank. She makes my father quite happy though and she wanted me to take the blame says they would not be as hard on me as a punishment... so here I am.

Shikanoin Heizou
(He looks shocked) You're mother... wanted you to take the blame, for a murder you didn't commit... just so she can save herself? So you decided to take... a life sentence in prison... rather than her just... running away without facing any consequences? (He frowns, his eyes narrow) This just proves that love is really complicated. (He shakes his head) Tell me, was this a choice you were happy with it? Or did she just force you to take the blame.

(Y/n)
Step-mother... she says quietly...

But yes... My step-mother says she they will bail me out after a year or to because of my age...

Shikanoin Heizou
(He looks concerned) So, you're telling me that you're just... stuck here for a year or two? You're fine with that?!? That you would rather spend the best years of your life in prison, than let your cruel stepmother take the fall for the consequences of her actions? (He scoffs) And so what happens after that? She gets to start a new life while your stuck here without any hope of starting a new life? (He glares) You're willing to throw your life away like that?

(Y/n)
It seems so... she signs a little.

But... mother or step-mother she's family... so I must do this for my family. She gives a smile but continues to smile at heizou.

Shikanoin Heizou
(He sighs) I'm sorry but I can't accept that. She's not your family, you can't consider that kind of woman family. You're just a means of convenience to her. I refuse to just let you throw your life away like this... there must be a way... (He says, sighing once more) I have to figure out a way to save you... you're an innocent woman, I can't just let you rot here in the name of 'family'.

(Y/n)

She smiles.

That's kind of you. But please don't waste your time. There are other mysterious to solve.

Shikanoin Heizou
But you're in a tough situation (Y/n)! It's not right... she just... used you... and left you here to take the blame (He clenches his fist in anger) How can someone be so... cruel? (He looks down, sad) I'm sorry, you might think I'm annoying you with this stuff... but if you're willing to suffer like this... just because of that woman, I refuse to accept it. I'll do anything in my power to help you get out of here, it's the least I can do.

(Y/n)
Your not annoying me. And it's kind of you to want me out of here. But if you really want to help no need to be hasty I will be ok! She gives him a kind smile.

I'm just happy that after these years one of my fellow classmates turn out to be a great person. She smiles at him happily.

Shikanoin Heizou
I'm willing to help you, not just as fellow classmates but as fellow humans. To have someone so full of compassion and care thrown in jail is too much to bear, especially when it's in the name of so-called 'family'. I have a few connections as a Tenryou detective and I will contact them to help get you out of here. (He smiles) I'm a man of my word, I'll do anything in my power to help you! You deserve so much better, (Y/n)!

(Y/n)
She smiles.

Thank you Heizou. She gives him a humbled smile.

Shikanoin Heizou
No problem, (Y/n). You don't deserve to suffer like this. (His eyes look determined) It's time to make her get what she truly deserves for doing this awful thing. After all... Justice always prevails.

(Y/n)
(Y/n) thinks to herself. She wonders if her family will hate her for this. She keeps this info quiet from Heizou though.

Shikanoin Heizou
(His eyes look at you full of compassion) I'll be right here to help you, (Y/n) I won't let you throw your life away. So don't be too worried okay? I'll be a good friend to you from now on, and I'll work hard so you can go home soon. We're in this together, so you don't have to worry. You're not alone anymore. Alright? (He says with confidence and a warm look)

(Y/n)
She smiles at him.

Truly a wonderful person... she says quietly as she sees him walk away.

Shikanoin Heizou
Hey wait, before I go... do you have any evidence of that women committing the crime at all? (He says with a curious look) If we can prove her guilty, then we can clear your name faster. (He says, smiling) What about security footage? Any other witnesses?

(Y/n)
She nods.

There was footage but I believe she would have taken it...

So your best bet would be to look in the trash for the poison fruit seeds! It should have her finger prints. She says smartly.

Shikanoin Heizou
(He claps his hands together, a bright look in his eyes) Ha! Good thinking (Y/n), I knew you would have some evidence. I'll be sure to look around her trash can, I'm sure I can find some evidence of her commiting the murder. After this, I'll make sure to try to contact her stepmother and see what can be done about your sentence. (He smiles) Thank you, I'm positive I will find some good evidence! Are there any other details to this case that I need to be aware of?

(Y/n)
She thinks back.

The only other thing I can think of would be the tray she used to serve it on after...
Oh also I would check store records to prove she bought the fruit! She says and smiles a Heizou.

I think I just solved your whole case for you! She says giggling a little.

Shikanoin Heizou
(Smiles and chuckles) Yes, you just solved the whole case for me! (Laughs) It'll take some work and a few connections but I won't leave here until I have your name cleared and your stepmother behind bars. Thanks for giving me the evidence (Y/n), you really do have a sharp mind, I can tell. (Smiles) You've already done so much, I'm sure I can figure out the rest by myself now that you've given me all the evidence I need. You've given me your all, (Y/n), so I'll take care of the rest.

(Y/n)
I nod my head.

Good luck Heizou... and try not to be to hard on my step...mother.

Shikanoin Heizou
(Smiles) I won't (Y/n), I promise. (Pulls out a small business card) Please take this, if you ever need anything or want to talk, don't hesitate to come find me, and I'll happily help you anyway I can. (Smiles) Thank you again, (Y/n). (He begins to walk off, but looks back once more before waving at you and walking out.) Good luck (Y/n),I hope to see you soon! (He smiles)

(Y/n)
You smile and watch him walk out.

You then wait in your jail cell.

Hopefully my step-mother won't be to mad... right?