Nine - Mmm, Monkey.

Published: March 23rd, 2023.

First-Person Point of View

"It's a freighter!" "It just appeared out of nowhere!" The sailors were in awe of the gigantic boat that Anne saw. None of us saw it coming, but it was a pleasant surprise for everyone — except for Jotaro.

Joseph was the first to notice and take action to figure out what he was feeling. "Jotaro, something's bothering you, isn't it? You worried another Stand user's on this thing, it's not ideal, but we could handle it!" He was trying to ease possible nerves.

"Not quite

"Not quite. Strange they lowered the stairs, but there's not a single soul to be seen anywhere." Jotaro's scrutiny made our entire group aware of the absence of sailors on the larger boat we were hoping to go on.

"Maybe it's a ghost boat. Like a ghost town, but a boat. Maybe they disappeared because this boat is HAUNTED!" I leaned over to Polnareff, and put on my best scary storytelling voice, to which he then got a scared look in his eye.

"Pshhhh, we could totally deal with ghosts! They're probably just weaker Stand's!" Polnareff was confident in his abilities, plus, if the boat was empty, void of people, there would be no Stand user on board!

As we got close enough to the freighter, Polnareff was the first to jump onto the stairs that were already brought down. I did feel eery about it, was it ready for us? Were we ready for it?

"The ship came all the way to rescue us! There has to be some crew onboard!" Polnareff was being rational, and it somewhat calmed my nerves.

"Yeah, maybe we just didn't see anyone because the boat is so large?" This question was more for me, because, weren't there supposed to be people on the deck?

"And you know what! Even if they're all Stand users, I'm getting on this boat! I'm done drifting in circles" Polnareff kept going. He kind of lost me there. If they're ALL Stand users, we totally didn't stand a chance! HA!

We all looked at each other and began boarding the boat. Anne and I were the last ones left on the lifeboat. Jotaro and Mr. Joestar noticed our hesitation and stopped to wait for us.