chapter four *edited pls read*

The first person to make themselves known to  Eliza - apart from the sweeping beauty she'd just spoken to - was another rough, darkly, matted-haired woman with a lucky three silver rings through her right eyebrow. She only smirked at the highly strung reaction to her numbered friend, twice in a row.

"Hi."

The other girl stood beside her, oozing Abnegation. Prior, whom Eliza had subconsciously seen so many times before, spoke to her first. They were the only two in the room who were not already Dauntless members of society.

They stood along the perimeter, waiting for the others to jump down.

"Hi. What's your name?" She knew her name.

"Tris, it's Tris. And your name?" She somewhat stammered. Eliza wondered if she'd just changed her name too. It's almost like she wasn't fully comfortable in her answer. And why wouldn't you be comfortable in stating your name if it wasn't truly your name?

"It's Eliza," She had spoken with a false sense of confidence. The actions she had discussed with her younger sister were now becoming true. She had to fit in, no matter what it took.

She would do anything to make it to the end; and somehow see her sister again. She would do anything to make it far. She would do anything for them to not know her secret. And if pretending to be someone she wasn't was the answer, Eliza would do just that. Even if it meant changing her name.

Tris nodded, unsure of what she thought of the girl. From what she knew and could visibly see, they were nothing alike.

A guy in a deep ocean, Erudite blue suit that she'd seen earlier soon joined them, but no one spoke. He gave Eliza one of those tight-lipped smiles.

He relished that she came in late. Everyone noticed her and wanted to ask why she'd do such a thing, but also marveled at her energy. No one ever had their name called twice at the ceremony before. She automatically would stand out.

One by one, all of the new constituents of their Chicago world gathered where they were supposed to.

No one said a word as we were led down a narrowed tunnel. All of what was seen so far was completely different from the Candor homes. Though the two factions devoured in debatable colour, black, Candor chose to allow the shade inside of their homes too.

Eliza's family had adorned a black couch, with rugs in varying white-to-black patterns. The walls were modern, and typically white or black as well. The Dauntless compound offered walls that seemed to be made of stone with a ceiling that sloped, seemingly closer and deeper to earth. The tunnel that they stumbled down was exceedingly dark as hell, lit only after long intervals of pitch blackness. Every minute, it seemed, there was a lamp.

Eliza liked that.

"This is where we divide. The Dauntless-born initiates are with me. I assume you don't need a tour of the place," The woman with silver looped rings in her face cracked a smile to the group.

All of the other newcomers in their not-so-spacious circle, adorning red and black and sometimes purple, moved towards the woman. And they had soon disappeared deep inside of another secret tunnel. She only prayed that she wouldn't get lost. One of her deepest and consuming fears was just that - getting lost.

The prepossessing and alluring man spoke again. His voice was roughly coarse and deep, it seemingly rumbling throughout his entire throat as he spoke. The words were like a rhythm through his laryngeal prominence, vibrating every time a thought were to prosper.

Eliza shuddered at the sparse thought of wondering what it sounded like in the morning, or in her ear.

Stand up, girl. You don't even know his name.