• becoming a stone is not good for the economy

Senku likes to think that even though he's no genius, he's passionate enough to overcome the problem of intelligence. Hell, he had counted every second of two months back when he was seven.

Still, that didn't mean that he enjoyed this, right now...

As he was stuck being a stone, he tried to keep his brain active by having it constantly spit out numbers. On some occasional moments when he was too close to losing consciousness, he'd stop counting loudly in his head and opt to recall his memories while pushing the counting part to be done in the background.

Many memories played in his head, but the most frequent ones were those in which the big oaf and his old man were present, alongside you, who would mostly stick to his side.

He never understood how you always got attached to people so easily. But maybe that was because he wasn't close to people so it was hard for him to imagine.

In his eyes, you and Taiju were the epitome of stupidity.

Maybe you might even were for the whole world, but in his eyes, there wasn't even a millimeter of doubt in his head that it was anyone but you both. Most memories that he had with you guys were half-filled with him stopping you guys from doing something with dire consequences later on.

Honestly, thinking back on it makes him wonder how he survived being surrounded by you two for so many years.

Maybe it was the reason that all three of you were the type of people that didn't care about the opinion of others and instead, kept your undivided attention to working on your passions.

Yeah...

If there was anything that Senku admired about you, it was your absolute resolve to win. You were brutal. You didn't care what lengths you had to go through if it meant you would win. Of course, you wouldn't go too far because you listened to your uncle like a dog would to his master. But the point still stood.

You were feral.

He honestly wondered what your crazy brain must be conjuring up since your movements would probably be constricted right now, hindering you from any of your usual crazy activities.

He really was running out of things to think about, maybe the most he could recall would be the lazy detours on your way back from school.

—————

"I'm telling you, Bestie! Connie is simply the best one of the three of them!" Taiju hollered, rather loudly for someone who was shutting you up just an hour ago because you guys were about to pass by a neighborhood and shouting would only disturb the residents.

Again, it was the thought that counted...

Senku, used to the oaf's usual blabberings, simply walked ahead as you continued to rant to Taiju about how Sasha was a better character than Connie in Attack On Titan. Of course, Senku did his usual thing, chiming in about how Jean was clearly the superior one out of the trio, and then refused to elaborate further when you and that big oaf screamed bloody murder at him.

In the midst of all this chaos, the mad scientist came across a rather odd looking metal rod. It almost seemed like it was nature's sword or something. As he bent down to pick it up and inspect it, his breathing hitched when Taiju raised his umbrella at him from behind, ready to attack him.

The scientist quickly sliced his torso with that useless rod and Taiju fell to his knees, staring at the ground in shock, "I-Impossible..."

"Oi, big oaf!! The hell's your problem, why'd you attack me with an umbrella?!" He got no response, instead you spoke up from behind in an almost robotic voice, "And so, Senku began his journey as a swordsman to defeat the Demon King!"