Chapter Four: Uxeln'v Fxeh

"Oh, hey, dude! We were wondering when you were going to get back," Soos greeted as Dipper entered the gift shop.

"Hey, Soos," Dipper greeted.

Wendy still wasn't there yet. She was probably going to be a bit late, as always. Stan must've been getting ready to guide tours for the day, as he wasn't in the room, and Mabel had just walked into the room with Waddles following.

"How was breakfast with your new friend?" Mabel asked, smiling as she did.Dipper cringed a bit of the thought of Bill being his 'friend', but replied, "It was okay."

"Hey, why'd you take the journal with you? You barely want anyone to even know that thing exists," Soos noticed, pointing towards the book in his hand.

"Oh, uh," Dipper stuttered, trying to find an excuse but just decided to tell the truth, "The guy I met up with said he'd help me with deciphering some of the codes in there. He seems to know a lot about that kind of stuff. He apparently studied it a lot."

Mabel gave her brother a concerned look before asking, "Dipper, did you find that guy last night and asked him to help you with that? Was it because of what we said last night?"

"No, well, kind of... I met him before all of that happened last night, but I ran into him last night and he offered to help me. I didn't see the harm in it, so I told him I would let him help me," Dipper half lied.

Soos and Mabel gave him a surprised look. Normally, Dipper only wanted help from people who he knew and trusted very well. It was out of character for him to accept help from someone he barely knew. Though, Dipper had been extremely upset about last night, which they suspected must have driven him to do that.Mabel shook the thought out of her head, and decided to forget about Dipper's new friend.

The three then started to get to work. Wendy showed up a few minutes after they started to work, and lucky for her, Stan hadn't showed up yet, so she didn't get in trouble for being late.The day seemed to fly by for Dipper. He mostly stayed in the gift shop, hanging out with Wendy who was working at the cashier as usual. People fled in and out of the shop, Stan occasionally coming in to take a break from guiding tours.

As the last of the tourists left the shack, Wendy informed Dipper that she was going to leave earlier to go hang out with her friends. Dipper said it was fine and as she left, he headed upstairs to the attic. When he opened the door, he nearly screamed as he saw someone on his bed.

"Oh, hello, Pine Tree! I was wondering when you'd get here."

Bill was lying on his bed, which made Dipper angry that it had to be his bed. Dipper was confused when he saw that the dream demon was holding a Rubik's Cube. Bill's attention was taken away from Dipper and back to the Rubik's Cube.

"What are you doing here? And how long have you been here?" Dipper exclaimed, slamming the door behind him, terrified that Mabel would come in.

Bill shrugged, and replied, "Relax, kid. I've only been here for couple of minutes. Got bored of waiting for you in the Mindscape, so, I decided to hang out in here."

Dipper sighed and shook his head. He walked over and sat down at the end of the bed. He watched as Bill muttered to himself, trying to figure out the Rubik's Cube. Dipper wanted to laugh to see an incredibly smart demon attempting to solve a puzzle.

"What do you want?" Dipper asked.

"Well, you're done with work, right?" Bill murmured, still looking at the Rubik's Cube, but acknowledged Dipper's nod in reply. "You said that we'd meet up again after you were done working."

"Oh, right," Dipper muttered.

He watched Bill continue to struggle with the cube before asking, "Do you need help with that?"