Chapter Eighteen: Sduwb

(A/N: Prepare for a pretty long chapter...)

"Hey, Pine Tree! Come on, wake up!"

Dipper eyes slowly opened, but then jolted open when he came face to face with Bill who was kneeled next to his bed. He immediately sat up, making Bill laugh.

"Ugh, why'd you do that?" Dipper mumbled as he watched Bill stand up. He was surprised to see that he was already fully dressed.

"Shooting Star let you sleep in late because of yesterday," Bill began to explain. "She let me wake you up! If it makes you feel any better, I didn't mean to scare you that bad, kid."

Dipper rolled his eyes and crawled out of bed, stretching as he stood up. He reached one of his hands up to carefully touch the cut on his forehead. It still kind of hurt, but it was healing pretty well for it barely being a day since the incident.

"C'mon, kid," Bill exclaimed and started to walk over to the door. "She wants you downstairs. We already made breakfast!"

"We?" Dipper repeated, but followed Bill out of the room, yawning.

"Yeah! We! Your sister was nice enough to let me help out with cooking," Bill explained, sounding extremely happy with the chance to help out with breakfast. "She said I did good for my first time with cooking!"

"You didn't burn anything, did you? Or poison?" Dipper asked as they walked down the stairs and into the foyer.

Bill laughed as they entered the kitchen, "You have little faith in me, kid!"

"Dip-dop, you're awake!" Mabel greeted as she saw her brother enter the room with Bill. "I hope the wake up call wasn't too bad."

Dipper yawned, shook his head. He noticed that his sister was dressed a bit nicer than usual. She wore a light purple tank top and one of her expensive violet skirts that she had added glitter onto. Her hair was down but had a bobby pin in it that had a little, hot pink, bow on it.

Dipper then sat at the table with her while Bill stood behind Mabel. Dipper looked at the waffles in front of him and began eating.

"How are you feeling? Is your cut okay?" Mabel asked as she watched him eat.

Dipper gave a shrug and then finished his bite to reply, "Yeah. It still hurts a bit, but it was probably because I was sleeping on it."

"Great, because I have really good news!" Mabel exclaimed, enthusiasm filling her tone. "Grunkle Stan's letting me throw my own party tonight in the ballroom!"

"Oh, wow, really?" Dipper said, his eyes widening. "I'm surprised Stan let you."

"Yeah! I had been talking to him about it for a while and this morning he woke me up to say that he was going on a mini road trip and he'd be back tomorrow morning. He said that I could throw the party as long as I kept it in the ballroom and I cleaned up after myself!" Mabel explained. "You two are going to help me set up for tonight!"

Dipper looked at Bill who was nodding in agreement.

"You really think just the three of us can set up a party in just one day?" Dipper then hesitantly asked.

"Pft, no way!" Mabel laughed. "Soos and Wendy are going to help out instead of working for today and they should be here at any moment! I already called up the girls as well and Wendy said that she'd get her friends in on it too! Soos also said Melody's back in town for the week and that she'd come over to help out."

"Wow, Mabel, that's a lot of people," Dipper chuckled. "We'll get this party set up in no time, then."

"Yep! Soos, Wendy, and the girls could be here at any minute. You should probably go get dressed," Mabel then pointed out, gesturing towards Dipper's pajamas.