Part 20: War

Creatures everywhere started to panic, getting up and abandoning whatever they were doing, going to their positions. Dune could understand the hurry. It wasn't even dawn yet, and they were here, swarming the sky with blacks and greens and... yellows? She could see small hints of purple too. 

        Dune saw Diala in the middle of all the chaos, looking at the sky as if she were looking for something, and Dune got curious. She sprinted and grabbed Diala in her jaws carefully, running for cover from the skies. Diala mewed and shook for a moment before realizing it was her. Dune set the ani down and looked behind for a second. "Diala, what are you doing looking at the sky?" She said. Dune saw the bone breakers pacing and running around the land, their eyes in the sky. 

       "They're not up there," Diala said with a fear-struck expression. "None of them are them." 

       "Them?" Dune said, confused. "Diala, who's them? Are you talking about a specific Sar'hingaro?" The ani nodded, sitting down with her paws on her temples. "Who? Tell me, who's not there?"

       Diala shuddered. "The Sar we trapped in the portal was all purple with hints of yellow. None of them up there look like the Sar'hingaro we trapped centuries ago."

       "Well some of them have bits of purple on them, I saw that," Dune pointed out. An earth shaking thud happened behind them, and Dune turned to see a bright green Sar'hingaro had crashed. Many tier three and four bleeders jumped the Sar'hingaro all at once, tearing them to shreds. They had green blood, and from where Dune was, it reeked of poison. 

       "They must be descendants then," Diala said, standing up and sighing. "I need to go and help with the healing. You should probably join the other creatures and kill as many as you can."

        Dune nodded and ran off. She had no idea where Aire was, nor did she know what to do. She decided to run to the outskirts of the dunes, where she saw fliers diving and gliding around to save stamina. Dune saw a specific squadron of three sochuries and a jotunhel attacking a black sar with very pale green wings and scales. The three heads of the giant creature were constantly trying to look for them, but the jotunhel was easily blinding them by spraying them bit by bit with water. 

       One of the sochuries, a very deep, rich brown with reds here and there, plummeted down onto the large hydra's back, sinking their claws into their spine and breathing fire directly where all three necks met. A deafening roar sounded from them and they started to fall from the sky followed by a thud when the creature landed. 

       Multiple creatures started to run past Dune and towards the downed sar'hingaro, so Dune followed along. clouds of dust and sand blinded her slightly, but once she reached the Sar, Dune went for the right neck, sinking her teeth into the lower plated scales. 

       A foul taste tainted her mouth, and she stopped biting. She could taste the poison as well as smell it. Dune retched and just decided to use her claws. 

       "Move!" Shouted a chrysos that was near the legs of the sar'hingaro. All the rest of the creatures started to run away from the sar'hingaro as it lay there, bleeding out. Dune was confused and stood there until she was roughly picked up by a gnolrock and tossed to the side, tumbling into the sand. The gnolrock didn't acknowledge her when Dune shouted at them, and proceeded to crush the sar'hingaro's bones with their powerful forearms. 

       Dune ran off into the dunes, seeing a landscape of at least sixteen sar'hingaros being brutally murdered by all sorts of creatures of different tiers. Dune looked up to the sky. All of them were starting to circle above the injured, grounded sar'hingaros. The multiple heads communicating with each other while dodging the many breaths.