Part 22: Reconcile

It took a bit longer than expected for Syza to land them all. Rega had argued with Anna that just diving straight down would easily cause Diala and Dune to fall right off while Syza was silent the whole time, seemingly upset to have two other heads. 

       Once they had landed, Dune helped Diala off of Anna's shoulder before getting off herself. She turned to thank the young Sar'Hingaro before she went to find her father. Dune had started her venture down with Diala close by her side.

       "That was really brave, what you did up there," Dune said to Diala, complementing her and giving her a nudge with her tail. 

       Diala jumped a bit and looked up at her, her ears pinned down a bit while she fidgeted with her paws. "I- uh, what.. exactly are you talking about?" She asked, stammering a bit. 

       "Standing up to Skirra, Rhias and Amara," Dune said, smiling. "I didn't expect you of all creatures to have the courage to talk to him like that." Diala seemed a bit embarrassed at the compliment before smiling.

       "I just got upset at the fact they just really thought their side of the story was true, so I just kind of... snapped." Diala replied, half muttering. 

       Dune brushed her tail against her arm to reassure her. "Still, it took guts to do. I'm proud of you." Diala's smile widened and she nodded. By now, it had been nearly 20 minutes after the fight had been called off, and they were only halfway down the mesa. Dune looked over the edge to see how both sides were doing. Everyone seemed to really be at peace. Well, neutral. Most of the oasis avoided the Sar'hingaro species, the only creatures actually getting close to them were healers. Some creatures placing mud, others carefully patching up any severe wounds.

       She noticed that there were little to no anies healing the Sar'Hingaros. All that generational trauma must have really scared them. Dune saw a few Sar'Hingaros gesture to some anies to get them to heal them. They were the fastest healers in Sonaria after all. But none of them would even get near them and only focused on the Oasis. Dune hoped the scars between both species would be healed overtime. At least, if the truce stayed that way. 

                                 *                                             *                                            *

       By the time Dune and Diala had reached the bottom of the Mesa, the sun had started to set, and a large majority of the Oasis had been healed. There were still some Sar'Hingaros being healed, and it had been almost an hour since Dune and Skirra's agreement. Dune knew they were currently in Aire's cave, waiting for everyone to be helped. Diala had left to try and get some anies to help with the the Sar'Hingaros. 

       Right now, Aire and Skirra, Amara and Rhias were talking in Aire's cave about some things, so Dune had been wandering around looking for her friends. She had no idea if they were alive or not. She hadn't spotted them once throughout the whole fight. As far as I know, they're dead, Dune thought, her tail coiling up a bit at the thought.

       It was weird considering she had known them for a week and she had already considered them creatures she could trust.  

       Is that how Aire felt when she met me? 

       Dune couldn't think anymore of it when she heard snarling and roaring. She even recognized the arrogant voices of aereis she had tried talking to before the war. She peaked her head around a resting gramoss and saw many aereis, about five, ganging up on someone. Dune didn't approach as she watched a brown furred creature being pushed around and sprayed.