PROLOGUE.

Started: 28th May, 2023
Edited: 10th August, 2023.

Please, leave your thoughts, comment and vote.

Em.

*****

PROLOGUE.
1500 YEARS AGO.

Bright sunlight encroached the green town of Ala-ọnwụ. It always covered every tresses and dirt underneath the fingernails. The people of Ala-ọnwụ were hardworking, dedicated to providing for the ones they loved and nothing more. A thousand years ago, among these hardworking people, a mortal was selected and made immortal, born of man to be the leader and protector of men. He was Muonanu Kwento popularly known a Kwento.

Kwento came to this world as a wailing child, uncontrollable but still yet, a child whose cries subsided at the sight of a smile, the barren midwife's smile. He had always been altruistic to a fault, even at such a young age- letting a midwife smile at his own peril and sacrificing his food for an hungry child to have even though it left him famished.

All this, led to onye ndu being confused by a particular case that came to the table on a cloudy evening. It had started with two SOC members waltzing into the god's domain, a big castle of numerous inches, stretching for a million yards and housing everything the god's ever needed. It was their personal heaven in the Upper region, home of the gods, their relaxing quarters after days of hard work. What a big irony it was because the gods barely rested. They were only allowed a period of grieving whatever family of theirs was left on earth which they spent in the Domain. Even the few parties held in the main hall sometimes had low turnouts which could have easily led to the conclusion that the domain housed gods and goddesses, duty bound to the earth and always on duty calls because humans would forever be helpless or causing troubles. These gods were appointed by Onye ndu to help the Supreme Creator whom no one will ever encounter except when dead.

Myths about him kept existing for years and they were a lot of things that even the Fates were not well acquainted with.

At the portico of the castle, Onye nche always stood before the double, golden bar gates. He was a hefty guardian, one of the many guardian's of the gods' domain, and his main purpose had always been to chase unwanted visitors away. However, when he saw the god cops, he opened the door, leaving the gods behind the SOCs to follow after before shutting it back, never minding how the remaining positive energy in the domain died. When the tension became too unbearable for him, Onye nche blinked, stoic face changing for the first time in a millennium. He couldn't believe what his eyes were seeing.

The SOCs entered, making everything appear unusual: the hallway remained quiet despite how busy everyone was trying to appear; the gods walking around all stopped in their tracks; beautiful long-necked birds stopped whistling; windows panes halted their vibrations and teeth's stopped chewing. There were in the common room before the throne made of gold and cinders which flared like a peacock's wings and had numerous engravings. The SOCs never stopped on the way. They continued until they were before the empty throne, where they called out, "Onye ndu. ¹Anyị ewetala onye mejoro."

A whizzing sound filled the air and the leader of the gods appeared on his throne in a thick lion skin clothing, smelling heavily of earth, herbs and expensive sprays from a small continent on earth. He had thick, fat dreads that reached his mid-back, all of jet black hue, gold rings on his ears and a diamond crown of heavy sapphires sitting on his head.

bụ ya n'ezịe?" he asked in a gravelly voice, hitting his staff on the floor and growling. The paint patterns drawn all over his body appearing very noticeable and intricate. His growls were low, guttural sound that shook walls. Sad it was that the domain was too strong to crumble.