0|3

0|3

Have you ever appeared in a situation and you felt like a lot of things were just wrong?

Kwento did. He felt everything bad the moment he teleported into a small hut and found a young boy, a child of the world, huddled up in a corner of his bed in fear, with the window wide open and nothing but darkness and snores filling the room. Tentatively, Kwento walked to the boy's bed and patted it to feel its dampness, confirming his suspicion; the boy had cried himself to sleep. But why?

He waited, and after a while, he decided to walk about. From the bedroom, he arrived at a narrow hallway that led to the sitting room which looked like a million trucks rammed over it. Broken wares littered the floor and the position of the table and chairs had been obviously altered. To cut it short, despite the awful smell of alcohol in the air, there was present also, a woman, lying in a pool of vomit.

Kwento plugged his nose with his thumb and index fingers and tried turning the woman to her side to check her heartbeat. Just his luck that hours after he was released from prison he had to deal with another alcohol situation.

Fair enough, she was still breathing but probably high off the world. He heard murmurings, so low that he started doubting his sanity. He moved his ears closer to her lips to to hear her properly and found out instead that her were incorrigible.

Inhaling, he tried pulling her up. He had no idea where the bedroom was but maybe the threadbare couch could help. He later found the couch to be really cold and uncomfortable, even worse than the floor of his prison cell- nope. No talking!

The woman was of average height, a slim melanin. Somehow, despite being intoxicated, she still looked descent in an ankle skirt and a t-shirt. Halfway to what Kwento presumed to be her room, she regained a bit of consciousness and said, "Who are you and where am I?"

"You are in your house. I'm the one who cares for children and I sensed the young boy here in danger. From your current state, maybe you are the one in danger."

However, what he had just said didn't seem to be entering her head anytime soon. Instead, she asked, "Hope we didn't do anything together?"

"No my lady," Kwento said with a sigh, grateful when they finally arrived at a door which was shut.

As he supported her on a shoulder and his hand on her waist, he tried using the other hand to turn the knob but the woman just seemed to remember something. Whipping her head up so fast that he was afraid it will topple of her neck, her eyes widened and she tugged at his hand.

"No, no, no, no," she chanted. "Please don't!"

Her eyes almost teary and her hazy look appeared to have disappeared. " If you open that door it'll kill me.

"But Milady, you have to rest."

Now, she had definitely forgotten what they were discussing. "What is Milady?" she asked with a childish enthusiasm, successfully stunning Kwento into a remarkable silence because truly, "milady" had become an obsolete term.

*****

Dike woke up before sunset as usual, forced and pressurized to confirm if whatever happened in his dream had become a reality.

Sadly, not yet.

Nothing in the room was visible, every crevice darker than the first. He looked at the ceiling for a while, despite not being able to identify any structure, then inhaled and exhaled and then started doubting why he was feeling so well rested unlike the previous nights where his nightmares usually left him paralyzed.