27. Lies

George's breath is heavy, kissing soft lips while big hands rest on his waist.

Clay is the first to pull away. They stare at each other with amusement, excitement even. Clay smiles cheekily, pulling George into a hug. George hugs back immediately, burying his face in his chest.

"You know," George begins,"you aren't that bad at pick-up lines after all," he states. He pulls away from the hug, looking up at the curly haired smiling at him.

"I didn't even say a pick-up line, idiot," he laughs stupidly, but it makes George laugh. Something about the way he smiles and the way he laughs makes George laugh. It's like a reflex.

"Well, it worked," George shrugs with rosy cheeks, Clay nodding his head with a proud look.

"Want to hear a real one?"

"Not really."

Clay rolls his eyes. "say 'me'."

"..why?" He hesitates.

"Just say it," Clay demands, piercing eyes looking down at him.

George is not one bit intimidated, but he figures his pick-up line can't be that bad.

"Me."

"You forgot the D," Clay says, mouth turning into a thin line. He squints his eyes in attempt of containing himself. It looks like he's about to burst out laughing.

"There's no D in 'me', you actual idiot," George facepalms, hiding a grin.

"Not yet."

George stiffens, heat seeping through his body. "You're actually so stupid," he laughs, making Clay laugh even harder. Clay laughs so hard George is sure everyone can hear. He's like a megaphone.

"No. I mean it, you're like the biggest idiot I've ever met," George says as he rolls his eyes, grin so wide his cheeks burn. His lungs hurt from holding back laughter. And laughing.

"You're a bigger idiot."

"You're the biggest idiot."

"Stop," George's cheeks burn even more. He's definitely flustered.

"Wait. I have another one," Clay says, his pointer finger suddenly in the air. George notices that the contrast between his freckles and his cheeks are now much more prominent.

"No. I'm not— no," George says, backing up. Clay's pick-up lines are toxic. Poisonous. He'll fall down from Mount Everest and die.

George climbs down the ladder, Clay behind him. He rushes inside, locating his friends while Clay attempts to grab his wrist multiple times but fails.

"George. No! It's a good one," he promises, pouting. George walks towards Sapnap and Karl who are talking, red cups in their hands.

"Hi, guys," George smiles. Clay stands besides him. He looks like he's planning out a sentence.

"I'm sorry, can I take a picture with you? I just want to show santa what I want for Christmas," he says, wiggling his eyebrows. Sapnap and Karl stare at him like he's on drugs.

George laughs it off, joining Karl and Sapnap's conversation. Clay's brows pinch at the lack of reaction.

Karl is telling Sapnap about an anime that George isn't familiar with. To be fair, the only anime George knows, is Death Note.

Wilbur joins them minutes later, light in his eyes. George congratulates him and hugs him. He's proud of Wilbur.

Fizzy drinks, water and alcohol is what engulfs his nose when he leaves that night. He ponders on the kiss for way too long. He recalls Clay's hot breath against his ear, his hands on his waist and first and foremost, intertwined hands.