five

i was walking across the campus with my head having a long term relationship with my phone screen, buried in it, scrolling endlessly on social media without an statistic reasoning.

i was walking silently along the corridour, taking my time not doing anything specific but admiring the empty hallways that didn t really surprise me anymore, and i kept on walking until i rounded a corner and suddenly stopped when i realised a figure by the end of the hallway right next to the stairs that i was so desperately looking for.

and it didn t take me long to realise that the respective silhouette belonged to the one and only Minho.

and thats when i heard my phone buzzing.

yeji was calling me. so i answered

i could at least use the phone call as an excuse to not give him any sort of attention, so i created the randomest statements just to take no notice of this annoying boy, who literally ruiend my mood a few hours earlier

,,Yea Yeji im thirsty'' i exclamed to make it look like i was actually having a conversation..but i wasn t actually thirsty...and thats when my phone suddenly died

the universe hates me...

our eyes met briefly, but my first and only thought told me to completely ignore him because otherwise id probably jump at his neck and kill him, so i passed by him, pressing the bottoms of the elevator.

and before the elevator could arrive he called. out a ,,hi hi'', so i turned my head to him, lowkey surprised installing a confused looked on my face, was this boy really talking to me after ruining my enitre school work.

but he approached me, waving his hand with his head tilted to the side, not breaking eye contact, which didn t even surprise me anymore, and obviously not saying any other word. staying silent, but staring.

what the hell did he want?

and then, after what felt like forever of literal perpetual staring, he broke eye contact and went inside the elevator that just arrived, because i called for it, and kept pressing the ,,close the door'' buttom, shutting the doors right at my face....

i couldn t even believe it anymore. i gritted my teeth as a sign of annoyance and pressed the button like crazy, watching the levels of the elevator going down, and finally got inside and to my surprise, Minho was just waiting in front of the entrance by the next floor.

i visibly glared at him which didn t seem to bother him in any way, he was so obviously unbothered.

i decided to get as far away from him as possible because i was ready to throw hands if id see his face one more time.

when all off a sudden hanni came out of nowhere, along with her the sound of rustling echoes throughout the now crowded hallway.

,,if youre really gonna act like a bitch at least do it right, and don't ask yeji for help just because u can't fight properly, you wanna die or something?'' and with that she just went away, walking right through my way, hitting my shoulder.

,,what the fuck is she talking about'' i found myself asking, because i honestly had no idea what that thing was talking about.

,,you got beef with everyone?'' Minho seemed to question from somewhere behind me

,,yeji?'' a chuckle escaped my lips ,,what does yeji have to do with anything?'' i questioned spaced out and completely floored, ignoring the fact that this boy had the audacity to speak to me

,,oh yea yeji made a scene yesterday because Hanni called you a bitch, isn't that cute?'' Minho inquired sarcastically his head tilted to the side in the laziest manner, making himself believe that he did not really care but was just giving away information

and i just kept my gaze to the front, letting myself grow more annoyed by the fact that nobody including this annoying goddamn person mentioned it to me before.

,,she said she would kill u...'' Minho once again bellowed, repeating Hannis words. ,,id be scared''

,,shut up'' I added before totally leaving the hallway going wherever but not here.

--------
i reached my way to the floor that was implying our main classroom, looking for yeji everywhere

which seemed to work since i could spot her delineation by the end of the class looking for something inside her bag

,,yeji!'' i shouted making myself be heard out loud to get the girls attention since ive been looking for her for the past at least 20 minutes.

,,jeyeon i looked for you after you ended the call everywhere earli-''

,,what did you do to Hanni'?' i demanded loudly, not really interested in hearing her sentence at this very various moment.

yejis head turned to the side completely facing me, slightly raising a questioning brow, her expressions shifting into the most confused look ever. ,,What did i do?'' Yeji inquired locking her gaze on me.

I leaned on the within reachest desk and crossed my arms ,,Well thats what im asking..'' i deadpanned.

my anger towards the situation itself grew bigger .

yejis eyes went wide as she seemed to research her memories which insinuated me saying something totally wrong, but before i could take my words back and ask her everything in a more formal way yejis jaw dropped to the floor.

,,are you talking about Minho?''she questioned frustrated

my facial expressions along with my brows twisted together in conffusion ,,Minho?'' i shrugged before i rubbed my temples.

,,Yea, i mean hes the one who told me to ask Hanni to stop being rude to you, isn t he?'' yeji stared shamelessly at me while nodding.

,,He did what?'' i scolded yeji althought my eyes could not help but be focused on Minhos figure standing outside the classroom lazily, leaned against the wall with a popsicle right between his teeth.

,,Yea, what do you mean, he told me you told him to tell me or something...'' yeji pointed, picking at her nails

but before even listening to another word, i neared my way out the class room right past Minho.

I knew that getting angry at him or whatever was pointless.

but what was his problem. can t he just stay out of others peoples business and manage his own?

he clearly did not care about anyone or anything and i wasn t going to waste my energy on him.

he met my eyes and lackadaisically gave a two fingers wave while playing with that popsicle stick and most likely staring right at me.

i couldn t help it and stood right in front of him.

,,hi'' he broke the silence

,,don t fucking hi me, whats ur problem?'' i snapped firmly, i dont know why i was talking to him, maybe because i felt confused? doesn t matter, maybe an explanation from him would actually help.

Minho sat there blankly, not saying anything and yet again just stared at me, and so i took his careless silence as a valid reason to turn aside and march towards to the exit

and out of frustration and anger also feeling Minhos stares even from far away i started pushing the door forward but it wouldn t open, coming to the conclusion that the universe really goddamn hated me.

and as a consoling reaction to my internal statement Minho appeared next to me, pulling the door with his hand coming from behind my back.

i was so mad i couldn t even notice the fact that i need to pull, not push the door in order to open it.

and i just feigned indifference and casually mashed outside the building, but for the last time i met his obvious expressionless gaze, and just as the door was about to close, Minho thrown a bottle of water in my direction, and i was able to catch it right before the door shut.

he tossed it to me without a word.