Chapter 6

3rd person POV

Techno and Phil had decided to take a walk around the server to hopefully get some peace for an hour or two. It was going well; the sun was shining high in the sky, and everything was calm - well that was until they spotted Tubbo and Tommy stood staring at a ghostly white nether portal.

"Hey mate, what's going on with the portal?" he asked Tommy curiously.

Techno moved around the two boys and reached out to touch the portal but before his hand could make contact with it Tubbo quickly grabbed his wrist. "Don't touch it!" He yelled with a fearful expression on his face. Technoblade looked at him questioningly then moved his gaze from the smaller boy down to the hand that was grasping his wrist. "sorry." Tubbo apologised, freeing the pink-haired man's wrist from his hand.

Technoblade moved his hand away from the portal and rested at his side "and why can't we touch it," he walked back to stand next to Phil once again "I get that it looks different but what could be so dangerous about a nether portal?" Techno didn't know why Tubbo and Tommy were acting this way, but something had spooked them.

"Tommy, do you know what's going on?" Phil spoke, placing a gentle hand on his shoulder. Tommy hadn't taken his eyes off of the portal since Ranboo got pulled into it just a few minutes ago. "Tommy?" The winged man moved in front of the Blond boy hoping to take his focus off the portal.

"Ranboo..." he started finally removing his eyes from the glistening white of the portal. "He touched the portal and then he was gone." There was a panicked look in his eyes as he spoke.

Technoblade scoffed "Yeah kid that's the point of a portal, it teleports you to the nether." Phil scowled at him as if to say that he wasn't helping.

Tubbo was now walking back and forth "you don't understand. I was chasing Tommy when he ran into Ranboo, who had just exited the portal." He looked back at the portal "When they both fell over Ran dropped all of the potions that he was carrying and smashed which caused the portal to change colour." Tubbo stopped for a second before continuing, "I know it sounds crazy that we are worried because he went through the portal but I'm definite that he didn't go to the end because if he did he should have been back by now."

Techno breathed out heavily "If it makes you guys less paranoid then why don't I go through and see if I can find him" Techno offered, it may have looked like he just wanted this to end but in reality from the way the two boys were acting he was starting to worry for Ranboo. This made him uneasy as worry wasn't an emotion he came across very often.

Tommy and Tubbo didn't say a word, they just looked at him silently saying thank you. "Alright, then Techno - you will go through the portal and look for Ranboo. even if you haven't found him, if you don't come back in 2 days then I'll come in after you." Phil said, smiling at him.

"Sounds like a good plan to me" Techno rested his hand on the hilt of his sword and advanced towards the portal once again. However, before he went through Tommy grabbed hold of the end of his cape which made him turn round.

"Please make sure he's ok." Tommy said.

Techno chuckled then walked through the portal and he was gone.