chapter 2

you arrived back to your clan and your father just finished explaining everything, even jake sully and his family after they saw kiri and lo'ak. people started packing left to right. you and the other teens plus your sister could do nothing but just stand there.

"remember, we have a area to pack too." your mother stated nodding her head to the cave.

the six of you then entered the cave going to different spots. the sully siblings were each helping someone along with the metakayina siblings. you were with ay'olna packing your things in your area.

while you were packing you felt a presence behind you. you turned around saw ao'nung looking down at you. "need some help?" "uh sure" you said smiling. he crouched down and began helping.

"so i'm assuming you're the next tashik of your clan?" he asked, putting things into a basket. "i've already learned a little, that's how i got this tattoo." you then pointed to one on your face. ao'nung just stared at it in amazement.

"you know, you remind me of someone" you looked at him, confused. "who?" "don't worry about it" he said with a chuckle. "cmon tell me!" you began shaking him a little. "a boy i knew named neteyam. he was jakes son that passed during the war." he whispered.

"oh." you said, not really knowing how to reply because you didn't know neteyam. you then looked back at the sully siblings and saw them arguing. you just simply rolled your eyes with a small smile.

~~~

before you knew it, you were back at the metakayina village with everyone else. you were on your ilu this time. you got off of her and disconnected the bond. "this is our new home for now na'li." she began to click and make noises as you petted her, smiling.

ao'nung then approached you. "hello ao'nung" you said with a smile. "hey, do you need some
help, again? i decided i should probably greet the newcomers this time" you laughed, "what is that supposed to mean??" ao'nung put his hands behind his head. "i wasn't so nice to the sully family. i was actually a big ass jerk" he said helping you grab things.

that made you remember neteyam. you wanted to know more about him since ao'nung said you remind him of this neteyam so much.

"can you tell me more about neteyam? if you're comfortable with it that is." ao'nung looked at you picking up another basket. "he was the oldest of the siblings so you know, lots is responsibility put onto him. but he was a nice guy, very protective of his siblings. we fought a few times because i picked on kiri and lo'ak a lot." ao'nung said.

"wow you must've been a huge jerk then." you said with a laugh after starting to walk with him. "yeah, but i'm a little nicer now. but i was actually jealous of neteyam believe it or not." you looked at him in confusion, "how?"

"well we were around the same age but he completed so much more than me. he was already a warrior and already completed his dream hunt. i was just known as the chiefs son and i still am in a way. but that's how he reminds me of you. you've both done really cool things at a young age, and plus your both really nice as well." you stopped and looked at him.

you then put your hand on his shoulder. "you'll get there. it just takes time. plus isn't his dad a marine and he was the oldest of a lot of siblings? he was even in a war for most of his life. so he probably put a lot of pressure on himself." ao'nung then looked at you. "but i'm sure you'll do it soon. i'll teach you how to ride a tsurak so you can get your first tattoo." you then nudged him playfully and continued to walk off. he smiled at you, following as you walked off.

you and ao'nung got to your new marui and you set your belongings down. "it feels so nice to have a home again" ao'nung simply smiled at you. you then turned around at him. you needed to apologize to the whole sully family for your outburst earlier today. "hey, where do the sullys live?"

"uh a couple maruis down, why?" ao'nung was confused. "i want to apologize for my outburst earlier. it's the right thing to do." you said beginning to walk out. ao'nung grabbed your hand and spun you around. you looked down at your hands touching and your cheeks starting to form a shade of pink. "i got to lead the way, you don't know where they live." he said with a smile. "...right" you pulled your hand away and began following ao'nung.

he then knocked on the doorway of a marui and stuck his head in. "ao'nung!!" a small girl said running up to him. "hey dork" "hey ao'nung, do you need something?" jake asked crouched down into a manspread sharpening a knife.

"oh uh, someone wanted to meet the rest of you guys and apologize for earlier??" ao'nung said then signaled for you to step into the doorway. the older woman looked up at you with no expression. you felt sort of intimidated by it. "what do you need to apologize for?" jake asked you, sort of confused.

you stepped further into the home. "i wanted to apologize for my outburst earlier, to you and your whole family. i saw the human boy and assumed things. but you seem like good people." you started fiddling with your hands.

the older woman then got up and walked towards you. you didn't know who was more scary, her or ronal. she then smiled and placed a hand on your shoulder. "you don't have to apologize for anything. i completely understand. i never properly introduced myself either neither did my daughter," she then signaled towards the young girl who ran towards ao'nung earlier.

"i'm neytiri and this is tuk. i'm sure you've already met lo'ak and kiri" she said with a slight smile. you smiled back at her and nodded. she then looked at ao'nung. "are you treating this young lady right?" neytiri asked jokingly. "yes i am, how are you by the way?" ao'nung asked. "have you been cursed or something?" a voice behind ao'nung asked. it was lo'ak. "oh shut up, i just know how to respect my elders."

neytiri chuckled a little and sat back down. "i'm doing alright today, i may go visit the tree later today with jake to see neteyam again." neytiri said with a small but sad smile as she began chopping vegetables. neteyam seemed like such a great guy. "neteyam was our son by the way, in case you were wondering." jake said looking at you.

"oh um yeah, ao'nung told me. he seemed like a great person and im sorry." jake and neytiri smiled at you and nodded at ao'nung, thanking him in a way.

~~~

you've been living here for about 2 weeks now, and you were walking with tsireya helping her find things for the tashik lesson later tonight. "i can tell you've taken a liking to my brother." you immediately became flustered as she giggled. "no... he's just helped me out a lot recently since we've arrived." you answer.

"i'm not stupid i hope you know." she replied sarcastically.

you rolled your eyes jokingly. "never said that, speaking of liking, do you have a special someone?" you said in a singsong tone. "yes actually," your eyes widened. "it's lo'ak" she said with a smile, looking into the ocean. "he seems like a nice guy."

"he is, he can just be a little reckless at some points. he is also the first omacticaya to bond with a tulkun." "huh? but don't tulkuns usually only bond with metakayina?" you asked. "usually, but then again this is the first time we've had non reef people here. and this tulkun had no spirit sibling. he was outcast. but so was lo'ak. perfect match if you ask me." she said picking up materials.

an outcast tulkun? you've heard stories of an outcast and rogue tulkun named payakan. he apparently killed na'vi.

"was it just a random tulkun or?" you asked. "it was actually payakan. apparently what our people thought of him was wrong and now the tulkun have accepted him back and he now joins them when they return to greet us." you were honestly excited to see your spirit sister again. "this time it's gonna be a little hard though because my mothers spirit sister was killed along with her calf before the war."

"oh, i'm so sorry. i'm sure that must be hard." you picked up materials off the shore. "it is some days but it's still upsetting y'know?" you nodded at her and continued gathering materials.