Part 3

The next day I saw Zayn for the third time and the rest of the week... And every day we were in school. I became so happy. We just randomly talked about stuff and we started to slowly become closer. I learned that he was a senior, so he’s eighteen. He’s a Muslim, no pig for him! And he doesn’t like to dance, but he loves to sing. I haven’t heard him sing yet, but I bet he’s really good… He also isn’t a big fan of ‘doing work’, which pretty much means that homework and physical labor aren’t really his forte. He’s a gamer too. Which is fine with me, he can like whatever he wants to, as long as he’s happy, I’m fine with it. Sometimes we would get into really deep conversations, and that boy is really philosophical!

                Every time I talked to him, I felt myself wanting to be better friends with him. Even when I wasn’t talking to him, he was always on my mind. I always got this warm feeling when I was around him, and I constantly wanted to be with him, even if we weren’t talking. His presence always made me smile. I don’t like him in that way though, I swear. But I’m not sure of what I am to him. I want him to at least consider me as a good friend that he could talk to. One day I actually got the courage to ask him why he started to talk to me in the first place and I found out that he trusts me as much as I trust him. It went something like this:

                As we started to walk up the stairs I finally asked him what was on my mind the day that he asked me for my name. “Hey Zayn?” I asked as he looked over at me with his brown puppy eyes, “I know this is random, but why did you start to talk to me?”

                He looked at our feet questionably as we stopped walking, then at me, then at our feet again. I could tell he was think about his answer, when he thinks really hard his bottom lip pouts out and his eyebrows makes his forehead wrinkle. I think it’s adorable, but he hates it.

                “You’re doing your thinking face again,” I teased him as he looked at me and stopped making it.

                “Because you seemed nice, and funny, and I felt like I could tell you anything.” He stated out of the blue.

                He was looking at my shocked face and began to smile. I was expecting him to avoid the question by teasing me back, or asking me something, but he didn’t. He thinks that? He really does? Wow, that makes me feel better, at least he didn’t talk to me because he thought I was lonely or something.

                “Uhhh…” I was at a loss for words, even some of my better friends haven’t said anything like that to me. My heart was racing and my stomach felt like it was tossing and turning, like when you can’t get to bed at night. My face became warm and I could feel how red my cheeks were. I don’t even know why I felt this way, but I knew what it was. I was happy, I was really happy inside.

                I began to smile with him as we sat against the wall, the place I sat after he first asked me my name. He looked over at me and his smile faded away a little, “And, because I think that I could trust you…” He said in a serious tone.

                I didn’t know what he meant, but I could tell it was serious by the way he looked. I stopped smiling and looked over at him. He looked at the ground and shook his head, starting to look side to side, he just looked conflicted. It was like he wanted to tell me later, but now that he brought it up he had to tell me right there, right now.

                I continued to look at him a worried look grew on my face. What if someone died? Or what if he’s dying? What if he found out he had cancer and his slowly withering away as we speak? Or his girlfriend cheated on him? … Or he had a girlfriend… My heart sank thinking of these things, especially the last one… I don’t know why, I just got upset thinking that someone else could have him… I got upset that someone could replace our dumb conversations that made me happy.

                “Don’t worry,” He smiled at me, “It’s a good thing.” He said looking into my eyes.

                A wash a relief came over me… Well, my face…. Having a girlfriend would be considered a good thing. On his part…

                “You know how I like to sing… Right?” He asked while we looked at one another.

                I nodded in response. I really don’t know where he’s going with this… But I don’t think it has anything to do with a girlfriend, thank God!

                “Well…” He said looking at the floor we were sitting on, “Jessie,” He said looking at me again.

                “Yeah?” I asked. Butterflies fluttered in my stomach when he said my name… His voice when he said it just made me so comfortable.

                “I’m telling you this because I trust you,” He said to me, “Tell me right now if I can’t trust you.”

                I think he can trust me one hundred percent. And if he thinks that too, then I’m pretty sure he can trust me. Does he think I’m going to tell someone? Who would I tell? No one. That’s right, nobody whatsoever. But if it’s a good thing then why wouldn’t he want anyone else to know?

                “Yeah,” I said as I looked him straight in the eyes. “You can trust me.” I told him looking as serious as I possibly could.

                He looked forward at the railings that met each other. He let in a big breath through his nose and let it out through his mouth then, turned to me again.

                “I’m trying out for the X-Factor this year, 2010.”