Part 4

It’s been almost three years since that day. As you imagine, I was happy and I supported him as much as I could. When he finally went to auditions I wished him the best of luck, and we hugged each other. I felt safe in that warm embrace and I never wanted him to leave. I actually found myself wanting him not to make it because then he would never talk to me again. But I quickly blocked those thoughts aside and found myself happy for him again. He was a good friend to me, and I wanted to be one back. I knew he would be happy doing something he loves, and I was happy with that.

                You may know this, but he did make it through. And he got put together in a group called One Direction at boot camp. They are the next big thing! They achieved worldwide success and their music is awesome!  They’ve won multiple awards due to their music and success. Girls scream and faint over them, and they’ve created memories and moments that will never be forgotten. They’ve helped people around the world, in so many different ways and their fans are really hardcore. But they created something that a lot of people don’t realize, they’ve created a family. A family that fights (quite often, if I may add), but loves them all the same. And this family has created a wonderful place to be and a beautiful thing to be a part of.

                As for me, well after Zayn made it through to boot camp, I haven’t talked to him. But the time I knew him made me look back and smile. He created memories and moments that will always be special to me. I realized that I fell in love with the ‘Bradford Bad Boi’ after he was out of my life. And now he was gone. He told me something that I would never forget though…

                “You always know what you have, you just never think it would be taken away.”

                It’s true… I never thought he would be taken away from me. And I knew everything he was to me. The heavens finally had taken him away from me, but I’m not asking why I’m alive. I’m asking why they made me in the position I’m in.

                Currently, I’m a little ghost in the One Direction family. I want to know where they are, if they’ll ever come around the University I go to, just so I could see him again. I would give anything to talk to him, or see him smile one more time, or to laugh with him again. I want to create little memories with him again and talk on the stairs like we used to.

No one really asks me about Zayn anymore. Everything died down as soon as they went to America as a band for the first time. He seems to be having so much fun, and he’s really living his life like how he’s always dreamed of.

But I will always remember that first day when we met. Zayn… His name is so unique, and different.

 And the person… Indescribably perfect.