Chapter 11: The Ice Queen and the Flame Samurai

Yukio opened his eyes as he gasped and collapsed from his standing position.

S-So cold.

He curled himself into a ball, and rubbed his arms and legs.

That was unlike any death I've witnessed, I couldn't even breathe because my lungs were frozen.

"Who the hell was she? What was up with that ice stuff." Yukio said to himself.

"Ice, you say?" A familiar voice joined in, and snapped Yukio back to reality.

Yukio looked up, and saw Kagura standing before him. He looked around, and found himself at the entrance to a familiar shrine.

"So my new save point is at the shrine? What time is it?" Yukio asked.

"Doesn't matter, I know what happens in the other dimensions, and my discussion with you about your powers lasted only a couple minutes in real time." Kagura explained.

Time stops when I'm using my Soul Travel power until I'm back in my body, so that ice girl will be ready to attack my dorm within the next minute or two. I have absolutely no time to prepare.

"On the contrary, you can make an extra minute to figure out what to do." Kagura referred to his Timer ability.

"Oh yeah, Timer!" Yukio said, and everything around him stopped moving. "Ok, now what should I do?"

"I have a suggestion." Kagura said inside Yukio's head.

I forgot that you were still in my head. What is it?

"Why don't you just fight her? It could be worth a try." Kagura suggested.

Yeah, but I don't think I could win. I can't fight her one-on-one. Let's say I use Timer, and I landed a hit. She could easily brush it off and instantly freeze me. I don't want to waste lives anymore. I have to be more careful. There's only one thing I can think of.

Kagura didn't reply, and Yukio's timer ability deactivated. Yukio went up to Kagura, and bowed his head to her.

"Please, help me." Yukio asked for Kagura's aid.

"What do you want me to do?" Kagura countered his question.

"Anything so that I can survive this, please!" Yukio replied.

There was a moment of silence before Kagura finally answered. "I'm afraid that I can't interfere with this event."

"What? Why not? I thought we were allies." Yukio was taken aback by her response.

"Yumi is but one part of this event, there will be a more important obstacle that you will have to survive against." Kagura said, as she turned and walked into the shrine.

"Wait, how do you know that?" Yukio asked.

"I know about everyone in this dimension." She replied.

Well crap. Now there's more in store for me, I won't stand a chance against this Yumi girl, and the only person I trusted my power with refused to help me, so what am I even supposed to do?

"I don't wanna die again, damn it!" Yukio cursed as he left the shrine.

He started walking to his dorm, but he stopped himself from entering.

My room was enveloped by ice in my previous life. That means she's coming here, she might already be in my room.

Yukio chickened out, and walked away from his dorm.

I have a new person hunting me, my home is compromised, and I have school tomorrow morning. Wait...that's it, I can stall time with the girls' until Yumi gives up on hunting me.