Chapter 13: Miyabi

He opened his eyes, and found himself in the countryside. There were a couple of small houses that were surrounded by green bushes. He looked for hair in his peripheral vision to help him figure out who he is, but instead he heard a little girl's voice that helped confirm who's body he was in.

"Miyabi! There you are." The little girl said as she got closer to Yukio.

Ok, so I'm in Miyabi's body. Just as planned, now I'll learn what turned her into a killer. Maybe it'll help me find a weakness.

Yukio then noticed the little girl who was talking to Miyabi, she had short light brown hair, and a pair of glasses in front of her dark green eyes.

She approached Miyabi with a big smile on her face. "Miyabi, I've got a great idea!"

"What is it?" A higher pitched version of Miyabi's voice asked, intrigued.

"You know how we always play Shinobi with our fake weapons, right? How we play with real weapons?" The girl suggested.

"Real weapons?! Yeah, let's do it!" Miyabi said, excited.

Play 'Shinobi'? Is this little girl a Shinobi, or rather a soon-to-be Shinobi? I didn't know Miyabi had a childhood friend. Now unless something bad happens to her, I want to know her name.

The Soul Travel timeskips to nighttime, Miyabi and her childhood friend grabbed their fathers' weapons, and went into the forest.

"Ok, now let's dual!" Miyabi shouted, as she unsheathed a long sword. Miyabi's small arms weren't enough to hold the sword properly.

Pfft, that's tough Miyabi. Then again, she's also a child so it makes sense. Still, haha.

"You're on!" Her friend replied, as she brought out a metal staff. Unlike Miyabi's sword, the staff was lightweight and the girl was able to hold it easily.

I already know who's going to win...time to get knocked to the ground.

Which was exactly what happened. Miyabi's friend whacked her in the face, which made Miyabi fall to the ground.

Ow! This girl just hit her friend in the face with a metal bar.

"Wait, I already won?" The girl said while she poked Miyabi with her staff.

"Ow! No fair! That weapon is too easy to fight with!" Miyabi countered, her eyes were watering from the hit. "That really hurt too!"

A nearby tree started rustling, which got both of their attention.

"What was that?" Miyabi asked.

"Probably a rabbit or something, I'll go check it out." The girl said, as she approached the tree.

Before the girl reached it, a monster jumped down from the tree, and tried to grab the girl.

"Whoa!" She jumped back.

"Imu! Are you ok?" Miyabi asked.

"I'm fine." She replied back. "What is that thing?

Imu, her name is Imu. Is she going to die now? Also, that's a Yoma. There's an aura around the monster that's similar but much weaker to Orochi's.

"Let's get out of here." Miyabi said, as the two girls dropped their weapons and rushed back to their house.

"Mommy! Daddy! Help!" The girls shouted. They nearly arrived at their houses, but the monster managed to grab Miyabi by her foot.

"Miyabi!" Imu stopped in her tracks, and rushed to help.

"Ah, get off of me! Imu, run!" Miyabi shouted.