Sickness, Sleepiness, and Soft Snuggles (WARNING: Birth Flashback)

The Saturday morning sun blared through the window, creating a romantic ambiance throughout Anna's bedroom. The house was still relatively silent, signifying that everyone remained asleep. Everyone except Anna, of course...

Her gorgeous green eyes fluttered open. A familiar look of discomfort scrawled across her face as she anxiously attempted to blink away the blurriness.

Failing at that, Anna groggily stood up, glancing at her sleeping boyfriend long enough to warrant a tiny smile.

She placed her phone into the back pocket of her sweatpants, beginning her descent down the hallway towards the kitchen.

Sure enough, everyone else was still enjoying their slumber. Although, Sarah was typically the first one up according to Joel, but it was the weekend and they all had a long night...

Anna covered her face with her palm quick enough to let out an inaudible yawn, the blurriness of her vision still taking full effect. She began to pour herself a fresh cup of steaming hot coffee, completely oblivious of what was about to occur.

Joel had jolted awake in full on panic mode; remembering how Anna had been sick last night. He quickly jogged his way into the kitchen, his hands settling around her waist.

Gently removing the hot beverage from her grasp, Joel spoke softly, "Baby, go lay down. I'll handle this." He whispered, turning Anna around to place a kiss to her temple.

Joel was the type of guy who always found a reason to compliment looks, even while Anna felt absolutely disgusting. Covered in sweat and super hot to the touch.

Knowing how much Joel cared deeply about her, Anna nodded, cracking a tiny smile when his lips touched her head.

She began to limp her way to their bedroom, stopping beside the couch when she felt several hot flashes hit her like a ton of bricks. She didn't feel nauseated this time, although she felt ungodly dizzy.

"Why is the room spinning?..."

It took less than a minute for a quiet thud to erupt from the living room, so quiet that Joel didn't notice right away.

Anna sat straight up in front of the couch, gripping the armrest as she silently attempted to pull herself back up to a standing position, "Fuck. Come on!"

Anna was hardly ever a weak link, but the more she moved too quickly, the dizzier she became. She dropped down to the floor, her legs curling up to her chest.

She burrowed her nose into her legs, beginning to whimper softly, quiet enough to avoid waking up the girls.

Unfortunately, as soon as Joel overheard Anna hit the floor, he placed the coffee pot down, heading out towards the couch.

The young Texan frowned softly, carefully scooping Anna up and going in for a hug. However, Anna's arms gripped around Joel's neck first, triggering her to start sobbing into his shoulder.

Several unintelligible words erupted from Anna's trembling body, words that Joel couldn't quite make out. Although, all he really cared about was comforting his beautiful queen, "Shhh... Shhh, my poor little sugar bear..."

No amount of comforting words would calm her down, so Joel had to resort to extreme measures, "Come on, darlin'..."

He placed an arm underneath Anna's legs, scooping her up bridal style and beginning his descent down the hallway.

When Joel attempted to lay Anna down, her instant reaction was something that the young man had never expected Anna to do.

She desperately clung to Joel's side, repeating the same phrases over and over again, "No, no, no... Please don't go... Please don't go, baby..."