Chapter 3: Of Emperors and Queens

A/N- Not me spam publishing chapters cause I have like 4 in my docs.

_

"So have we located the child or the queen?," William asked.

Everyone glanced at each other, then shook their heads.

William felt a giddy surge of violence in the form of an urge to punch a wall.

Or a person.

He didn't much care which.

"Okay then...well, hurry up about it. We'll reconvene in 3 days. If I haven't killed one of you by then," he muttered, pinching the bridge of his nose in irritation. The captains nodded and left the room.

As William put away maps and charts, a phantom appeared out of nowhere and hissed: "The Emperor demandssss your presence immediatelyyy," then vanished with a cry.

The boy swallowed and his mind worked on automatic as he gathered up things from the meeting, then headed for the library.

He ignored the cries and screams coming from all over the dungeons and the roars of the dragons in the stables.

He ignored the captains training in the courtyard.

He ignored the queen eating and lounging on her chair in the throne room.

He ignored the catcalls from soldiers, who were clearly drunk. They'd pay dearly when he saw them next.

He ignored everything until he got to the door of the library, where he paused.

William's hands slightly shook as he pushed the library door open, and went to the back, removing a book from its shelf. The shelf moved and a room was revealed. William's hands trembled even more and his voice had a note of shakiness as he spoke; "Your majesty, I have arrived."

The cool, calculating voice that came from inside the room made the boy flinch violently as it said: "You are aware that you are late, are you not?"

"Yes," William replied, trying not to stutter, a habit of his whenever he got nervous.

He was not scared.

He wasn't.

"Yes what?," the voice asked, dripping with sarcasm and cold humor

"Yes sir," William said, his stomach twisting with nausea at the words.

"Very good. Enter," the Wraith Emperor commanded.

Feeling sicker with every step, the boy walked into the room, the door shutting automatically.

~

"AUNT LAINE, IT'S JENNY!!! SHE RELAPSED!!!! I NEED YOU TO COME PICK ME UP!!!! HURRY!!!," Frankie screamed into her phone when she got her aunt's voicemail.

She could hardly believe it. Jen had been 8 months clean. She'd talked to Frankie when things got bad. Was over her ex Alyssa-

Alyssa.

Frankie let out three rounds of swear words. Of course it has to do with Alyssa!!! She'd probably spread another darn rumor about Jen!!

"She's gonna pay big time. Big. Time," Frankie hissed under her breath. There was a lot to think about when it came to their relationship, but for now the girl chalked it down to Alyssa cheating and breaking up with Jen on their 1st one year anniversary, which was (Frankie checked his phone calendar) next week (?!).

5 minutes later, the voice of Aunt Laine pulled Frankie back from her worry and anger. The girl practically flew into the car, slammed the door, and screamed; "DRIVE!!!!!"