losing face

Quackitys pov  

time skip

i was sitting in my favourite bar, drinking my problems away. tommy had just moved into las Nevadas. i haven't heard much from Wilbur in a while. he's probably just salty tommy joined me. dream was still free, roaming around most likely planing las nevadas downfall. but at the moment that was the least of my problems, i already have sam on that case and ive upped las nevadas security so we should be ready for anything. my main problem is paperwork, my pathetic excuse of a sleep schedule and my fiance's, which 'want me back' and are 'sorry for forgetting but still love me' god it s just annoying at that point. ive told them i'm over them and they should respect my decision!! but they just keep coming back! 

I desperately wanted to think about something- anything else! i shake my head trying to clear my thoughts, but it doesn't work. for some fucking reason if i manage to get karl and sapnap out of my head,  he comes to mind. at this point i wish i could just erase my fucking memories and start over somewhere far, far away. i lift up my head from the position on the table to see a disappointed frown looking down on me.

it was slime...

"heeeeeeyy, slime, buddy, what brings you here?" i already knew what.

"quackity from las nevadas. why are you drinking again?" the disappointment never left his gaze.

"why not?" i give him a small grin. "i mean drinking is fun. so why not"  i shrug my shoulders while taking a sip from my glass.

"quackity from las nevadas its not good for you, The last time you drank you had a terrible hangover." him bringing that up suddenly makes me regret my choices. last times hangover was the literal worst.

he sighs, grabbing onto my arm. taking a few fifty dollar bills out of his wallet and putting it on the counter. then he drags me out of the chair barely giving me enough time to get used to walking, and exit the bar. the cold midnight air hits my skin making me shiver. 

"charlie what the hell, i can take care of myself." i wanted to go back to the bar and continue drinking so i didn't remember the piles of paperwork waiting for me back at the office. as well as forget the major hangover i was going to have.

"doesn't look like it. quackity from las nevadas i care about you and cant watch you do this to yourself." 

"charlie, i'm fine." i obviously wasn't but i wanted to reassure him. after all an unstable boss is hard to feel safe around and the last thing i would want is for them to feel unsafe in las nevadas.

"your not and its very clear you need someone to help you." i can tell why hes concerned but what the actual fuck does he mean by 'someone to help you.'? is he saying i need therapy?!? oh god maybe i do- my thoughts were interrupted by charlie speaking up again. "quackity from las nevadas, may i ask you a question?"

"uhh sure? ask away." 

"does this have something to do with wilbur from l'manburg?" 

i start shaking my head profusely "no no! oh god why would you think that?!?"

"you weren't acting like this when wilbur from l'manburg visited."

i stop to think for a bit. and honestly i see what he means now. i never went drinking as much, i was kind of able to sit still through paperwork, and i didn't think about my exes as much when he was around. now that i was thinking about it i guess he never left me alone with my thoughts, in some way he kind of saved me from thinking about them. and there were some times where he was.. actually decent company?

"charlie i just didn't have time for myself when wilbur was constantly bothering me."

"is that a good thing?" i thought for a minute about charlies question. i mean, was it a good thing?

"i- yeah i think it was.." charlie cared so the least i could do was be honest with him. we both went silent for a few minutes, wondering who was going to break the silence.

"why don't you go see him?" 

"what?" 

"go see him, if he helped you before maybe he will help you again."

charlie kind of had a point. besides its been a while since ive heard anything of the creeper, for all i know he could be dead right now. i ignore the fact the thought of him being dead again made me sick. It's the alcohol, that's all.

"fine."

"ok!" 

time skip

we arrive at my apartment and he sits me down on the couch. he goes to the kitchen and fills a glass up with water, he then comes back to the couch sitting next to me and handing the glass to me.

"thanks charlie. for everything." i smile at him with all the emotion i can muster.

"its no problem quackiy from las nevadas! anything for my best friend."

after a few minutes of just chatting. slime walks out the door, leaving me with my thoughts again. I looked through my messages with wilbur, for some reason i found myself smiling while reading back. instead of sitting there and reading old text messages like a loser. I decided to go to sleep. I will be visiting wilbur tomorrow and i most likely will need all the sleep i can get.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

this was very rushed so its probably really but who cares >:DDDDDDDDDDDD

anyways have a great day, night, or morning i don't know just have a great anything :]