Chapter 2

The following day, all the girls woke up and saw that the ghost outside their cabin was gone. Gwen said, "The ghost must have left before sunrise." Heather stated, "Or maybe that wasn't a ghost at all. Let's get dressed and then talk to the boys." After the girls had dressed, they met up with the boys in the mess hall. While they were having breakfast, Emma spoke into a megaphone to get all the camper's attention. Emma said, "Attention, campers, we have a new game for the mess hall." Emma removed the sheet from the machine and showed it to everyone. Emma said, "Sat hello to 'Zoltar,' the fortune teller. If you want a fortune, push the button and grab your fortune."

Heather said, "Maybe he has an answer for us." Gwen stated, "Heather, it's just a game." Heather said, "It's worth a try." Heather pushed the button on the Zoltar machine, and a slip of paper came out. Heather read what it said. Heather said, "'A nice surprise is awaiting you.' Ok, maybe the ghosts aren't real, and we'll find out later." Gwen said, "Let me try." Gwen pushed the button on the Zoltar machine, grabbed her fortune, and read it. Gwen stated, "'The one searching will end up finding.' But nothing has gone missing yet, except for Hannah." Then the lights went out, and everyone in the mess hall started to get scared.

Heather said, "Well, this is a surprise. It looks like my fortune came true." Then, a bunch of tentacles came out of the shadows, grabbed Heather, and Heather screamed. Gwen said, "Heather!" Then another tentacle reached out of the dark, covered Heather's mouth, and pulled her into the shadows. Then the lights came back on, and when they did, everyone saw that Heather and the creature that grabbed her were gone. Gwen said, "Looks like my fortune's coming true. Heather's gone missing, so if I look for her, I'll find her." After Heather disappeared, Lina walked in with another counselor named Justin. Lina said, "Attention campers, it's time for camp activities. All the girls will come with me and hike in the woods. The boys will go to the lake with Justin and go canoeing." Once Lina announced, the boys went with Justin, and the girls went with Lina.

While hiking through the woods, the girls looked for Hannah and Heather. Then Gwen, Lindsay, and Tina levitated in the air. Lindsay then smacked Tina in the face. Lindsay said, "Sorry, I can't help it." Then Lindsay kicked Gwen in her stomach, and Gwen scrunched her eyes in pain. Lindsay stated, "Oops, sorry." Then Tina punched Sally and said, "Sorry." Gwen said, "Does anyone want to try getting us down?" Susan grabbed Gwen's arm and tried to pull her down but couldn't. Susan stated, "It's useless; I can't get you down." Then, all three stopped levitating, fell to the ground, and landed on all the other girls. Gwen said, "Sorry." Lindsay stated, "Sorry." Tina said, "Sorry." Lina said, "Come on, girls, let's move it." Lindsay said, "Isn't it a coincidence that she wasn't around when we got lifted in the air and showed up right after we dropped down?" Gwen said, "Be aware of your surroundings and watch for anything suspicious. And just to be safe, Lindsay and I won't let Lina out of our site."

Meanwhile, the boys were all canoeing in canoes while Justin watched them. While they were canoeing, a canoe with nobody in it passed them, and they followed it. Duncan said, "Look, no one on board that canoe, but it's still moving." Chris stated, "So, what's making it go?" Duncan said, "I believe what you're looking for is ghosts." The boys followed the ghost canoe to the other side of the lake, and once they got there, they saw that the canoe was gone. Cody said, "Hey, it vanished into thin air." Then, a paddle in Cody's canoe floated behind him and started to whack him. Cody said, "Yep, I'm guessing we have a ghost here. So, let us row for it." All the boys rowed as fast as they could with both their paddles. Once they got away, they stopped at the docks, climbed out of their boats onto the docks, and ran away from the lake screaming. Justin said, "Wait, come back." Justin chased the boys back to camp and saw they were gone and probably hiding.

Meanwhile, Gwen and Lindsay watched Lina while the other girls watched their surroundings. The girls then spotted a cave in the woods and checked it out. Once they got to the cavern, they heard howling coming from inside. Susan said, "This must be where the wolves sleep during the day." Then they slowly backed away from the cave and started to hear growling. Once they did, they looked back at the cavern and saw two yellow eyes growling at them. Then, a werewolf emerged from the cave and froze the girls with fear. Sally whispered, "It's not real, girls; it just wants us to be afraid." Then, the werewolf growled at the girls, and the girls ran for their lives. Tina said, "Run, girls." Then, the werewolf jumped over the girls' heads and landed on its feet in front of them. The werewolf growled at the girls, and the girls screamed. Then Chris and Duncan drove one of the camp's jeeps by the girls and hit the werewolf into the bushes. Chris said, "Get in." All the girls got into the jeep, and Duncan put the pedal to the metal to escape the werewolf.

While Duncan was driving away, the werewolf chased after them. Tina saw the werewolf chasing them and said, "Faster, Duncan, he's gaining on us." Duncan stopped the car in front of a headless horseman. Sally stated, "Why are we stopping?" Sally and Susan both looked up front and saw the headless horseman. Duncan said, "I'm so not in the mood for this." The werewolf came out from inside the bushes and jumped at the kids, but Duncan put the car in reverse and drove backward. Then, the werewolf knocked the headless horseman off his horse, and Duncan took the kids back to camp.

Once they got back to camp, Lina, Gwen, and Lindsay returned to camp from their hike and met up with everyone else in the mess hall for lunch. While eating, Gwen and Lindsay sat down with Lina and ensured she didn't leave. Lina said, "Hi." Gwen stated, "Hello." Lindsay said, "Hi." Lina said, "I appreciate the company, but since you're sitting here, do you girls know why the other girls left our hike and returned to camp?" Lindsay said, "They probably saw something in the woods that scared them back." Lina said, "Like what? We didn't see anything." Gwen pointed at Lina and stated, "You never do. And you're never around when these ghosts and monsters appear." Lina said, "Wait, are you trying to say I have something to do with Hannah and Heather disappearing?" Gwen stated, "Well, if the boot fits."