Pull me under, wake me up

I meant to update this on Sunday but I got distracted. This chapter is short too so...

--------------------

Jorel

When I got back to the room I didn't see Aron in the bed. I didn't panic at first. He was probably in the bathroom. I knocked at the door to the bathroom and waited for a response.

Nothing.

I had no idea what to do. I looked over at Vanessa and she shrugged. I walked over to the bed and lifted up the sheets. There was wires that seemed to be taken out. I put my hands on my head and let out a breath. Shit. I thought. This was my fault. I should've been more careful of what I said. Aron is in a fragile position and I don't even know why he tried to attempt suicide. I could've triggered something.

I slammed the red emergency button on the wall and saw Vanessa jump slightly out of the corner of my eye. I turned to her and gave her an apologetic look. "Sorry. I just don't want to loose him again..." She looked kind of confused so I explained. "I know I said to ignore him when we saw him earlier but when he attempted suicide I just..." I trailed off when I heard thunder roar. I was really worried. Aron could be anywhere. "You should stay here. I'm going to find him." I told her. She hesitantly nodded her head and sat down in a chair.

Two nurses walked in. "Are you back? Did you--" I interrupted them. "Where did he go?" They looked at each other for a while as if they were communicating through their eyes. "We're not sure...?" I frowned and stopped myself from talking anymore, they were no help so why waste my time. I walked past them and ran into the hall, towards the elevators. I had a feeling I knew where he was. The doors opened right away and I pressed the top floor.

As soon as the doors opened to let me out I ran to the stairwell. I jogged up the stairs and got to the door that lead to outside. I jiggled on the door knob and it opened.

The first thing I noticed was it was raining, not hard but if you were out for 4 minutes it was enough to soak you completely. I saw Aron slowly staggering towards the ledge. I did my best to to scream out to stop because that would make it worse than it already was. I ran over to him just as he got to the edge and I quickly threw my arms around him from behind.

He let out a yelp and tried to struggle out of my grip. "Aron stop!" I shouted at him but he kept trying to flail his arms and legs. I spun us around so my back was facing the ledge. It was raining harder now and I heard thunder once again. Aron's shoulders began to shake up and down and he was letting out whimpers. "Don't cry." I said quietly. I let go of my grip on him and he face towards me.

I thought he was going to shove past me but he just wrapped his hands around my waist and buried his face in my shoulder, crying more.

Here I was, hugging Aron in the cold rain. He was in an unstable position and it woke me up to the real world and how broken people can be. I never would've guessed he was broken when I saw him before the hospital. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry for everything I said."