Make me numb

Woah. It's been a while lol.

Aron

I've been here for 4 days. Jorel never left my side and surprisingly it wasn't awkward at all, we spent the time sharing stories and having small talk about the years. I told him I'm coming up with my new album soon and then we kind of just watched TV when there was nothing else to talk about. I haven't had a break down and tried to kill myself again, the nurses noticed that too and I think I'm going to be leaving soon.

The doctor walked in with a clipboard and an annoying smile on his face. He told us that I could leave but someone would have to watch me for the next few days at home. This was it, I was going to go home and probably never see Jorel again.

Right now we were standing by the road, waiting for Vanessa to drop me off at my house then make someone else watch me.

That's what I believed anyways.

When Vanessa pulled up we got in the car and Jorel told her to drop me off at the bridge where my car was. I assumed that he was going to make me drive home alone. That was until we drove to the bridge and he got into my car of course. I gave him a weird look as I got in the driver's seat.

"What are you doing?" I asked him as I started up the car.

He gave me a look like I was stupid and it was obvious what he was doing but I honestly didn't know. "Going to your house? Do you not want me to?"

"Oh..." I felt dumb for asking.

I ran a hand through my greasy hair then began to drive back to the apartment. I was tense the entire time while he just sat there on his phone but soon I relaxed when he began to start a conversation with me to fill the silence. That was what it was like the whole way to the apartment; us joking around talking about pointless things until we got to my place.

I led him upstairs then I unlocked the door using the extra key underneath the doormat and walked in. I went straight over to my phone and was more than pleased to see I hadn't cracked my screen from when I threw it. There was a ton of messages, voice mails and missed calls. Most messages were asking where I was, others from the angry manager.

"You should probably tell them what happened." Jorel said from over my shoulder, causing me to jump. "Oh um" I tilted my head and scratched at my neck. "I don't want to." I finally told him and he frowned at my reply. "Why not?"

"They will ask why and I don't want them to know or anything plus it will draw unwanted attention to me." I shrugged then walked away to avoid any other questions.

I plopped down on my small couch and he came over and sat down next to me. "What're you going to say?"

I sighed then shrugged again. "I dunno." I answered, resting my head on the cushion. Thankfully Jorel didn't say anything after that.

I closed my eyes and shifted around so I was more comfortable on the couch.  I
was really tired because I barely got any sleep at the hospital. When I opened my eyes my gaze instantly landed on Jorel who looked like he was trying to kind the tv remote.

"I lost the remote in the couch so you'll have to do it manually." I explained and he looked up at me, nodding.

"Okay thanks." He said and I closed my eyes again, falling asleep.