Morphine lover

Jorel

We walked into the cafeteria and looked around. They were still serving breakfast food since it was 9 AM. I watched Aron take a tray with a plate and get in line. I did the same and got in line behind him, shuffling forward every now when the line moved up. Aron got milk, scrambled eggs and a waffle which caused me to shiver in disgust because no offence the waffle iron was rusty and looked like no one has ever cleaned it before. I got eggs and ham then we went to the cashier and I paid for us.

Aron led me over to a small table in the corner that had two chairs. He put his tray down and sat down, rubbing the sleep out if his eyes. I sat down with him and watched quietly. He suddenly stopped moving and slowly looked up at me with a glare. "Why're you watchin' me?" He snapped and I raised my hands up in defence.

I resumed eating and we caught each other glancing at one another. The silence wasn't awkward but I didn't like it. Only, when Aron spoke he made it worse.

"I want to be friends with you again."

I sighed and looked him in the eyes. "Aron, we've changed, we aren't like we used to be." I told him but he had a determined look on his face.

"No way. I still remember that your favorite color is green." He said in an excited tone. I shook my head, chuckling. "My favorite color isn't green anymore." I pointed out. "It never was." He mumbled. I just looked at him and laughed. "Yeah okay, douche. I'll be your friend." His face lit up at my words. "You won't regret it, mutt." He said, mimicking my idea of making fun of our stage names.

We continued eating in silence until I spoke up. "What else do you remember about me?" I asked him and he looked up from his plate. "Hmm.." Aron began to hum while he thought of things. "You mumbled a lot." He finally said. "I don't anymore." I argued and he just smirked. "Uh, yeah you do." He laughed. Whenever you heard his laugh you would never of had thought he tried to kill himself. He is so happy right now I don't understand why he tried to do that. I am going to try and make sure he never feels like he has to do that again. His voice interrupted my thoughts and I blinked a few times to get out of dream world. "Do you know how much longer I'm going to be in here?" He asked, referring to how long he would be staying in the hospital. I honestly didn't know the answer to that, even if he gets out soon he will still probably have to go mental hospital for a while.

I shrugged. "Just show the doctors you can be happy and responsible so they will send you home earlier." I said and he frowned as if he were thinking. "So I lie to them so I don't have to go to a mental hospital?" I nodded to answer his question and continued eating.

Aron stood up with his tray and went to put it away but when he took a step he fell on the ground. I was shocked at the sudden movements. Aron doubled over and held himself while I got on the ground next to him, placing a hand on his shoulder comfortingly. I heard Aron groan and his arms moved so that his fingers could rub his temples. "My head hurts and I just got dizzy, I'm fine." He said in a barely audible voice. "I think you should lay down." I said then helped Aron up. I led him back to the elevators and waited for the doors to open.

I wasn't sure if I should say anything because it might trigger him but I did. "When you fell you hit your head really hard." I said. That is what the doctors told me, they said he had a concussion but I thought it was gone knowing how Aron was acting lately. He just nodded in response and groaned, holding his head in his hands, probably getting dizzy from nodding. "You're lucky the water slowed you down." I said. "Lucky." He scoffed and I gave him a look. "Yes lucky. I'm glad you didn't die." The doors opened and we stepped in the elevator. I pressed a button that took us the the floor his room was in before continuing our conversation. "Why? You don't even talk to me anymore it would be like I was never there." Aron said in a bitter tone. "I know that we were ignoring each other but-- but." I guess he got me there because there was nothing I could say. I looked over at him and he was just staring at the wall with an expressionless face. His eyes were so dead though. I swear he is bi polar or something because one minute he is smiling and then he is upset the next. I'd kill to know what he was thinking.

The doors opened and I helped him down the hall way. We got to the room and Aron stumbled towards his bed, not even getting close to his destination because his legs seemed to be jello and he fell to his knees like earlier. I widened my eyes and was about to run over to help him but he held his hand off, dismissing me. Like he wanted, I stopped and just watched him move forward a little and lean his forehead on the mattress.

"Do you need me to get you any morphine?" I asked cautiously and waited for a reply. He took a few breaths then looked over at me, shaking his head.

I sighed and went over to him even though he didn't want help. I lifted him up by the arms and made him stand up. He crawled into the bed and rested his head on the pillow but as soon as he did he sat up and jumped off of the bed, shoving me out of the way and running to the bathroom. I walked over to the bathroom and curiously looked inside since he left the door open. He was sitting on the floor and crying. I frowned and crouched down next to him. "Aron, why are you c--" I stopped talking when he leant over the toilet and puked.

Vomited.

Threw up.

Regurgitated.

Barfed.

It was disturbing so I looked away. I could still hear the sounds of his gagging and I scrunched my nose disgust. Once he was done I heard the toilet flush and looked over at him as he wiped his mouth and laid down on the cold tile, sobbing. My heart dropped. This was really sad. "Aron..." I said and put my hand on his leg, rubbing it up and down. "Don't cry it'll make you head feel worse." I sighed and he started to calm down after a minute.

His breathing was heavy and his face was tear stained. Sniffling, Aron sat up and wrapped his arms around my neck, pulling me in for a hug.

Why was he acting like this? I don't remember seeing him cry when he was younger. Sure he got frustrated and sad but he masked his emotions so no one knew except me, he told me everything that was hurting him. I need to figure out why he was suicidal.

As soon as Aron pulled away I stood up and got a tissue box from the other room. I turned around and he was standing at the door already. I handed it to him and walked over to the chairs, sitting down in one.

After Aron was done he threw the tissue box on the bed and sat down in the chair beside me. I turned my head and looked at him, noting that he was looking at me already. His lips were parted as if he was about to speak.

"...I'm a ba--" "No you aren't." I growled. "Don't call yourself a baby because you aren't okay? You can cry it is okay to cry." I said in a softer tone. He looked down and traced his fingers around his tattoos on his arm. "I just need to know why you're crying."

"Because my head hurts." He mumbled. "Why does your head hurt?"

"...B-because I jumped off a bridge." He whispered. "Why did you jump?" I pressed. Aron looked up at me and frowned. He knows what I was trying to get out of him.

Aron was about to tell me the whole reason he ended up in this situation. I waited patiently for his response but he just shrugged. "Please tell me." He blinked a few times then shook his head meaning no. I guess I wouldn't push him any further into telling me so I just gave him an understanding look. "It is okay you don't have to talk about it." I sighed, I really needed to know. Why won't he tell me? He smiled half-heartedly and then rubbed his temples again. "I told you crying would make your head hurt worse." I accused.

"Shut up." He mumbled but I could hear the smile in his voice when he said it.