Ruby Rose and Y/N L/N

Night had fallen and darkness covered the kingdom of Vale. Most people had turned in for the night so the streets were near empty. One young man walked through the streets, this young man was Y/N L/N, he was headed towards a place that he had not been in a long time, the home of some dear friends. Y/N sported all-black clothing and boots, as he walked, he hummed along to the song that played through the earphones that were placed in his ears. 

The young man had been walking for quite some time when he heard a loud crashing sound coming from the next street over. Y/N's stride grew as he started running as fast as he could, he rounded the corner and was met with a sight that he was not expecting. 

A girl in black and red stood in front of a dust shop with a huge scythe in her hand, the blade of which was embedded in the street. Y/N stared at the girl for a second as if in a trance.

Y/N (mouthing): "Ruby?" 

Y/N shook his head quickly pulling himself out of his little trance and started to run once again, this time he ran right at the group of men that had come out of the shop and started to advance on the smaller girl. 

Ruby lifted herself on the scythe and spun around she kicked her legs out and delivered a devastating kick to the first of the men that sent him rolling backwards. Just as two other men approached her though Y/N leaped into the air, he cleared Ruby and landed in front of her. He threw each arm in the direction of one of the men which resulted in a massive burst of flames flying out of them. The flames hit the two men, both of them being nailed directly in the chest. One of them flew right back into the shop through the shattered window while the other landed on his back unable to fight. Y/N then noticed a third guy standing back with his gun trained on Ruby and dove at him, the young man slammed his knee right into the man's nose knocking him on his ass. Y/N followed this up with a swift kick to the side of the man's head rendering him unconscious

Ruby: "Woah."

The young girl stood there shocked at the sudden action. Y/N turned around to face the young girl with a smile on his face. 

Y/N: "Hey, Rubes."

Ruby: "Y/N?!"

Y/N: "In the flesh." 

Ruby rushed at Y/N with insane speed and wrapped him up in a hug just as the last man walked out of the store. The last man was known as Roman Torchwick, he was a well-known criminal in Vale. Roman looked down at his men.

Roman: "You were worth every cent. Truly, you were." 

The criminal then turned his attention to the two that foiled his plans. 

Roman: "Well, you two, I think we can all say this has been an eventful evening, as much as I'd like to stick around... I am afraid this is where we part ways." 

Roman lifted his cane aiming at the Y/N and Ruby and fired. The two jumped high into the air avoiding the shot that tore through the street where they were just stood. As they landed, they looked back over to where Roman was, only he was gone. 

They both looked around quickly and noticed the man climbing a ladder on a nearby building. Ruby looked over at the shopkeeper who had just made it to the door of the shop. 

Ruby: "You ok if we go after him?" 

The shopkeeper nodded to the two of them and they set off after Roman. Ruby used her scythe to propel her up the building by shooting it under her feet. Y/N on the other hand used his flames, a blast of fire came from his feet as he jumped which boosted him up the building. The two landed on the building as Roman ran to the other side of it.