Shining Beacon

The airship descends and docks on school grounds. The students all start to file out of the ship. Ruby and Yang alongside Y/N all exit the ship and start to walk towards the school.

Ruby/Yang: "Wow..."

Yang: "The view from Vale's got nothing on this!"

Ruby looks around and sees all the different weapons that the students have. She begins to float and becomes a 2-D starry-eyed floating chibi. 

Ruby: "Oh my gosh, guys! That kid's got a collapsible staff! And she's got a fire sword!"

She starts moving towards the girl but Yang grabs her and pulls her sister back by the hood, which causes Ruby to go back to normal. 

Ruby: "Ow! Oowww!"

Y/N just watches the sisters with a look of confusion on his face. 

Yang: "Easy there, little sister. They're just weapons!"

Ruby: "'Just weapons'? They're an extension of ourselves! They're a part of us, they're so cool!"

Y/N(to himself): "What is happening?" 

Yang: "Well, why can't you swoon over your own weapon? Aren't you happy with it?" 

Ruby transforms her weapon into its scythe form.

Ruby: "Of course I'm happy with crescent rose! I just really like seeing new ones. It's like meeting new people, but better..." 

Yang pushes Ruby's hood down over her face. 

Yang: "Ruby, come on, why don't you go try and make some friends of your own?" 

Ruby takes her hood off. 

Ruby: "But... why would I need friends if I have you?" 

Yang: "Well..."

Suddenly a bunch of other people surround Yang.

Yang: "Actually, my friends are here. Gotta go catch up. 'Kay, see ya, bye!"

Yang and her friends speed off quickly towards the main building. 

Ruby spins around quickly as she speaks. 

Ruby: "Wait! Where are you going? Are we supposed to go to our dorms? Do we have dorms? I don't know what I'm doing..." 

Ruby falls backwards and into a luggage cart knocking dust everywhere. 

Y/N sees this happen and helps Ruby to her feet. 

Ruby: "Thanks Y/N..." 

Ruby is cut off by a girl in all white, the heiress to the Schnee Dust Company, Weiss Schnee. 

Weiss: "What are you doing?!" 

Ruby: "Uh... sorry." 

Weiss: "Sorry? Do you have any idea of the damage you could've caused?" 

Ruby passes Weiss one of the cases off of the floor. 

Ruby: "Uhh..." 

Weiss: "Gimme that!" 

Weiss snatches the case off of Ruby. 

Weiss: "This is Dust mined and purified from the Schnee Quarry."

Ruby: "Uhh..." 

Weiss: "What are you, brain dead? Dust! Fire, Water, Lightning, energy!" 

As Weiss talks she waves a Dust vial around causing Dust particles to float towards Ruby.