Chapter One: [Edited]

Chapter One

Jacey Brown and I partnered up on my first day as I am the newest and youngest homicide detective in the state of Missouri. I was assigned to my first case after meeting Jacey Brown who has been working as a detective for a year and her recent partner had left the job.

I am Jacey's newest partner. We both headed to a local address, in St. Louis, Missouri, because a young woman, who was called nine one one, discovered a young woman's body in an automobile. My name is Harrison Lawrence.

I am a 24 year old cop. Jacey is 27 years old and she's nine months pregnant and she is also a cop.

After we partnered up on my first day of work, I met the captain of the police department named Captain Dan Roberts who partnered us together. After Jacey and I arrived at the crime scene, I sighed, as I went up to the crime scene, and I noticed the woman dead in the car.

The woman was dead sitting on the driver's seat. But since her face was pale, and she looked purple, like she'd been suffocated, medical examiner Rebecca Laureates saw me and John walk up to her, and I asked Rebecca, "what do we got?" Rebecca sighed, before she could say a word. 

"Her name is  Sophie Davis, she was brutally murdered and looked like she'd been shot to death, and also, she's been raped," Rebecca said. 

"Time of death," I said, walking up to the vehicle where Sophie was murdered in.

"Around eleven pm last night," says Rebecca. "She's been dead a little over nine hours, since it's now eight in the morning," says Rebecca once again.

"Okay, so, there's no sign of forced entry. I am thinking the victim's car was already unlocked. Windows don't look broken, and..." I walked around the other side of the victim's car and I saw a bullet wound on the side of the victim's left side of her forehead. I put on my gloves before showing the wound on the victim to Jacey.

"So, the perp who killed her possibly used a nine millimeter. I did find a bullet lying outside on the ground of her car," says Rebecca.

"We'll be sure to take it to ballistics, then we'll know what kind of gun was used," I answered back, nodding my head.

"I have a feeling this was either revenge, or something?" says Jacey.

"Whoever killed this girl, they'd done a number on her," I said to Rebecca and Jacey.

I looked at Rebecca, before I even asked who witnessed the incident. 

"Who witnessed the body, Rebecca?" I asked.

"Mrs. Theresa Davis, she was the victim's mother. She's pretty shaken up right now," Rebecca answered back. 

I understood, nodding my head. Jacey and I walked up to Mrs. Davis, as I took my gloves off, before I got closer to Mrs. Davis. Mrs. Davis was shocked, crying and confused. I politely began to talk to her, and asked Mrs. Davis if she could explain to me what happened.

"That's my daughter, she was, I found her sitting in the car like that, dead." Mrs. Davis said, crying.

I sighed, "Okay, you need to give us more details," I answered back. I took out my notepad and pen, and I began jotting down important information about Mrs. Davis who witnessed Sophie.

"It was about 8:30 last night, and Sophie was telling me where she was. I was worried about her. She hadn't been home since two days ago," says Mrs. Davis.

"Why was that, Mrs. Davis?" I asked.

"She and I had an argument about her trying not to break her sobriety, since she's worked so hard on becoming sober before she stormed out of the house and went to spend the night with her friends. She was out with some friends at a party and um, my daughter, she has a drinking problem, and her college friends are a bad influence on her," says Mrs. Davis. I nodded my head, and continued to write down more notes.