Chapter Five: [Edited]

Chapter Five

After I had arrived back to work, I immediately rushed into the police department, and I walked up to my desk inside the squad room. My partner Jacey was already sitting at his desk, and I took off my jacket, wishing Jacey a good morning at the same time.

"Good morning," Jacey answered back.

I softly chuckled, took my jacket and hung it over my chair. Before I even had taken off my jacket, I put down my coffee takeout cup, and I laid it on top of my desk. I then sat down, and I was handed another assigned case.

As soon as I grabbed the file, it was another case involving a murderer named Jollison Azalea, who was thirty five, five feet and ten inches tall, male polish man, who shortly had been charged with murdering a woman. Jollison is being held in contempt.

Jollison had committed a homicide, and his arraignment wasn't until eight this morning. I was reading over his file, and I was speaking to Jacey at the same time. Jacey asked me if I stayed up really late last night, I sighed, and I answered back at Jacey.

"Oh, I fell asleep, and must've forgotten to set my alarm last night, that's why I was in a rush this morning," I answered back, chuckling.

"You sound like my thirteen year old daughter, she's always rushing herself for school" Jacey said, chuckling.

"Oh, I bet it's tough raising your kids?" I asked.

"Yeah, I have two, Valerie, she's the oldest, and my youngest is Sammy," Jacey answered back, as she showed me a photo of them on a picture frame.

I chuckled, smiling. "So you're a parent of a teenager, I bet it's tough," I answered back.

"Yeah. Now my husband and I are expecting our third baby." Jacey said, chuckling.

"When are you due?" I asked.

"In three weeks," says Jacey.

After Jacey puts the frame back onto his desk. I sighed, and Jacey looked down.

"So, you and your husband had kids at a young age?"

"Yeah, I was fourteen and Brandon was almost fifteen years old. We got married shortly after finding out we were pregnant with Valerie," explained Jacey.

"How old is Sammy?" I asked, wondering.

"She's ten, will soon be turning eleven in a couple weeks,"says Jacey. "Sammy was born just three years after Valerie. I had her at eighteen years old Brandon had just turned nineteen," says Jacey.

I just sat there in my seat thinking, and do I even want to get married and have kids? I sort of enjoy being single and not married. I felt bad for Jacey, she seemed like she could be a very good wife and mother.

While Jacey and I were still investigating Sophie Davis, and the Emma and Ella Samurai cases, Jacey and I, later that same day, were walking into the city of St. Louis Jacey and I went to talk to other witnesses about who saw the person who murdered Emma and Ella the other night, and our next witness was named Savannah Yates.

Savannah Yates was this seventeen year old girl, sweet, gentle, kind and was afraid to tell us the person who she saw was hurting Emma and Ella that one night.

Savannah saw this guy who the twins were talking to at a party before they were murdered.

Savannah was to graduate from high school very soon, and this is how her senior year went so far.

Savannah witnessed a murder, and she was describing Martin. I showed a picture of Martin to Savannah and I asked her if this was the man who she saw killing Emma and Ella. Savannah said she did see him and that Martin turned facing her, and just sort of evil smiled at Savannah and immediately ran away.

Mrs. Miller, Savannah's forty year old mother was sitting next to her daughter. I thanked Savannah for helping me identify Martin.

Jacey and I left her house.

"So, what are you thinking?" Jacey asked. Jacey and I were talking about the case of Emma and Ella's, along with Sophie Davis's case. Savanna described Martin, who is obsessed with killing twins.

Jacey and I were at a cafe, and I was explaining to Jacey that Martin has some type of grudge against twins.

We are talking about a person who was born to kill twins. But why? My question is why? I have never had such a horrific case until I was assigned to it. It's my first horrible case I had ever come across working on, and I just really wanted to slap this bastard whoever was doing this to these innocent people and their families.

I sighed, and I was really working hard on investigating this specific case. Jacey and I were having trouble locating Martin. I had twin sisters growing up, but unfortunately they passed away at six years old.

Their names were Daniella and Daphnia and I loved being their big brother.

I have loved Daniella and Daphnia like no other person has. I remember my mother dropping down onto the floor, and she was crying really hard, while my dad was holding her at the same time, after the first surgeon who performed surgery on Daniella, including the second surgeon who performed surgery on Daphnia after coming out of the OR, told my mother and father that both the twins were pronounced dead after being shot multiple times in front of me.

I also remember while running up to Daniella and Daphnia and calling for help at once, and just shortly after the paramedics and the police came to the scene, the paramedics were putting the girls in two different separate ambulances.

After being rushed to the hospital, Daniella and Daphnia were taken out of the ambulance and then taken into separate trauma operating rooms.

I was fifteen years old at the time, I was nine years older than my sisters. I was traumatized by the fact they were shot right in front of me, and I will never forget that horrible and terrible moment in my life.

I literally had a flashback, as I was talking to Jacey. I felt like I was being haunted by the fact of my twin sisters who died. I still haven't gotten over their death. My sisters would've been fifteen years old today. I really have been missing them a lot.