Chapter Two: [Edited]

Chapter Two

I had three people in my mind that I couldn't stop thinking about. I was sitting in the driver's seat next to Jacey inside the 2025 Ford Mustang, which is an unmarked police car. We were at a stop light and I sighed, stroking my hair. Jacey was looking out the window and she turned his head looking at me. I swallowed, as I was tapping my finger on the steering wheel.

"You've been awfully quiet since we left the Davis's house," Jacey said to me.

I sighed. "Oh, I just have a lot on my mind right now," I answered back.

Jacey asked me what was on my mind. I answered back once again.

"Sophie Davis," I answered back.

I looked at Jacey, and he was confused, "I knew her, she was my former college friend, and she said she was gonna go into the police academy after her one year break after graduating from college, and this was my first time meeting her parents since she never mentioned anything about them to me before," I answered back. Jacey nodes her head.

"How well did you know Sophie?" Jacey asked, nicely. I nodded my head, and sighed, "I met her freshman year of college, and we were friends throughout those four years of college at the Saint Louis University we went to here in Missouri, she was like a sister to me," I answered back.

"Oh," Jacey said.

Sophie Davis, she was not only my friend in college, but she was a great mentor to me. She had used to help me with my college assignments during my four years of college. I not only had Sophie on my mind, but I had two other people in my mind as well. I miss them all and I know I will never see them all ever again. 

Jacey and I were discussing Sophie, not only me telling Jacey she was my friend in college. But I also told Jacey that Sophie never mentioned to me about her parents because she was embarrassed about them.

Jacey asked me why, and it was because her parents would constantly argue over her twin sister's death and Sophie felt like she needed to get away from them, so she decided to move out of their home and go to college.

Sophie and I used to have a lot together and I remember going on a date with her to the bowling alley. I asked Sophie to be my date but as friends. I asked Sophie if she wanted to go to the bowling alley and she said yes. Sophie was the sweetest girl I ever met, loved by her parents and her family, but she was just so heartbroken over the loss of Sadie Davis, her twin sister, and once Sophie made it to college, she was getting used to not having Sadie around anymore.

Sadie and Sophie were super close friends and they'd die everything together while growing up. Their parents Mr. and Mrs. Davis loved their daughters so much that they would do anything to make them happy. Mr. and Mrs. Davis supported Sophie through her college education and Sophie and I met freshman year in Mr. Jones college course known as Criminological Theory.

Sophie and I sat next to each other in class and I ran into her on my first day of school and Sophie was the first one to say hi. I said hello  to Sophie and we sort of became friends right away. Sophie was an amazing person. Sophie was smart, eddicated, intelligent and passionate about her work. Sophie while in college also worked at a diner as a waitress and she loved her job. But what saddlebred me was Sophie was a heavy alcoholic.

While in college, she would sometimes sneak out and go to the bar. After college, Sophie was murdered in front of a pub outside in her automobile and she was lifeless at the time Jacey and I arrived at the scene. I figured that Sophie was drunk and somebody slipped a drug in her drink and Sophie was so out of it that she was killed and molested.