CHAPTER 1

In the depths of a mysterious and shadowy cavern, an elderly couple stood with their black garments swaying in the wind

In the depths of a mysterious and shadowy cavern, an elderly couple stood with their black garments swaying in the wind. The sound of bats fluttering in the night air created a high-pitched sound that resonated through the darkness. As they spoke, their voices echoed off the walls of the cave, creating a mysterious and eerie echo.

The only thing that could break through the darkness inside the cave were their torches, which produced a smoky orange glow.

The enigmatic old men stared at her with profound eyes.

"Are you sure you want to do this, Helena?" He sent a stone flying with a powerful kick. The sound of it skipping across the ground and bouncing off the cave wall echoed through the space. He had wished that the sensation of the stone flying from his foot would help to ease his anxiety, but it only disappointed him, as it did not provide the desired level of relief.

She put her hand gently on the old man's shoulder and gave a small, gentle pat to reassure him.

"I can see it... she will break this curse."

Looking away, his forehead furrowed and his eyelids barely twitched as even more drops of sweat cascaded down his face, falling onto the ebony, drenched cave floor. He scrubbed his face on the abrasive, dark-colored rope wrap.

"W-what losses is she facing in terms of her life and overall emotional b-balance?" His fear was clear in the pauses and stutters of his speech, a sign of what was impending.

"She can perish, striving for something that neither of us could tame, despite our best efforts."

He shut his eyes and felt his heart thudding in his chest. As the old lady spoke, she flicked her wrists and a light hissing sound followed as both torches extinguished. All was dark except for the moonlight streaming into the cave, creating a soft, warm glow that illuminated the elderly couple.

"She has the power to break this dreaded curse. You can count on it," the voice resounded with assurance.

With one last squeeze, they clung to each other, both aware that when 'she' released them from their curse, the warmth of their embrace would be no more.

The curse was a constant, oppressive reminder of their suffering, with the sound of it ringing in their ears as the only thing propelling them forward.