CHAPTER 3

Tale contained within the enigmatic notebook that Dove reads

How the curse took place - Year 1502

The two little girls stood in front of their small wood house. Their hair was as black as ebony, ivory-like skin, and sapphire eyes that sparkled with charm. One of them had wild, disheveled hair, while the other had a neat, tight braid. As the dresses swirled around in the wind, the one with the braid wore a blue dress with white details stitched into it; the fabric was simple, but the effect was stunning. The wild-haired girl had on a green dress with intricate embroidery, but the bottom part of the skirt was slightly scuffed.

A middle-aged man addressed the two twin girls, his face covered with a thick, dark beard. He was short in stature, but his protruding belly was quite prominent. The man's voice was stern and authoritative as he spoke.

"Lady Ina's shop is the place to go for milk and bread, so go there and arrive back in time for dinner, or else...no dinner for you. Your mother is busy with household tasks and I need to go out to the woodshed and collect some more logs for the fire. A storm is coming and we have to stay warm."

"Yes, Father," the young twins answered in harmony, their voices still innocent and sweet.

The girls walked for a few minutes before they arrived at the lady Ina's shop in the center of an old village, the sweet scent of freshly baked bread wafting out the door.

"Good Evening Miss Ina," Helena, the less shy twin, said as she and her sister approached to pick up the milk and bread that their father had requested.

"Ah, here is the bread and milk your father asked me to keep for you, my little ones!" she said, passing the basket over to the two girls.

"Here, take these too," the old amiable lady said, her voice full of kindness as she gave them chocolates.

Kandra was a village that smelled of freshly baked bread and freshly cut flowers. The market is bustling with customers, the sound of haggling echoing through the stalls, the feel of the rice in the burlap bags, the sight of freshly baked loaves of bread, and the smooth texture of the milk.