Chemistry Class - Percy & Rachel [Friends]

Percy studies at Goode High School with his best friend, Rachel Dare. He is not a demigod in this one.

Percy's POV
"Mr Jackson! Care to summarize what I just explained to the class?"

Rachel and I are snapped from our conversation as a piece of chalk flies past us. I had completely forgotten that our Chemistry class was going on. What a bore.

Oh no, why is Mr Clegg looking at us like that? Wait, he asked me a question, right? What was it?

"Well?" Mr Clegg says, visibly irritated.

"I- um- sir I-" Gods of Greece, why does this always happen to me? Why is every teacher so obsessed with making me their target? Their eyes appear so monstrous each time they ask me something, as if they were just waiting for the moment to call me out in front of the whole class. As if their entire plan for today was to devour a teenage student by asking him questions. I'm telling you, whoever invented school is truly a monster. Gah.

"I um what? Haven't you got a tongue, boy?" Mr Clegg mocks me. "Well if you are unable to answer, then perhaps your friend can answer. Miss Dare?"

Rachel boldly stands up in front of the whole class, exhales deeply and says, "Yes, Mr Clegg. So you explained to us the difference between isobars and isotopes."

"And what, pray tell, is that difference?"

"Well sir, isobars are atoms or ions of different elements having the same mass number but different atomic numbers, like Argon and Calcium. Whereas isotopes are atoms or ions of the same element with the same atomic number but different mass numbers, like Carbon-12 and Carbon-13."

"Well done, Miss Dare. Kindly inspire your neighbour and teach something to him."
[A/N: I had a teacher who used to say this which is why I included it💀]

Rachel beams proudly and sits down next to me.

"Whoa, how did you do that?" I whisper to Rachel.

"Do what?" she asks innocently.

"How do you always know what we are doing in class? You never even pay attention! And I know you don't study at home because you are always uploading stories of your latest artwork."

"Haha you got me, Percy." Rachel looks at me straight in the eyes and says, "I am a clairvoyant. I can tell the future."

I shake my head and sigh. Honestly, my best friend can be so weird sometimes.

A/N: that's it. I know it seems pretty abrupt and weird. It's not even 500 words. But I wrote this on my way back home from school just to kill time so yeah *shrugs* I promise to serve longer chapters in the future. Feel free to give me requests :)