The Group Project - Jason, Piper, Leo

Takes place after The Lost Hero
▪ Jason goes to a normal American high school, along with Piper and Leo. He has a present a group project along with Piper and Leo but they are one member short. Will they manage to find another person in time? Or will they just have to present their work without them?

[A/N: I WROTE THIS ENTIRE STORY IN ONE GO IN MY SCHOOL BUS AT 6.30 AM. I CLICKED ON SAVE. IT DIDN'T GET SAVED. I LOST ALL MY WORK. AND NO IT WAS NOT IN PREVIEW HISTORY.

I WAS SO PROUD OF WHAT I HAD WRITTEN. IT WAS LITERALLY ONE OF MY BEST WORKS EVER. I MADE THE DEMIGODS NORMAL MORTAL TEENAGERS BUT I KEPT SOME OF THEIR DEMIGOD ABILITIES (EG- PIPER BEING A CONVINCING PUBLIC SPEAKER OR LEO BEING AN EXTREMELY CRAFTY KID). THE STORY WAS *BRILLIANT*. I HATE WATTPAD. I REWROTE ALL OF THIS BUT IT'S NOWHERE NEAR AS GOOD AS THE ORIGINAL.]

Jason's POV
Entering the school campus has never really been a fun experience and today is no exception. Everyone who thinks that teenagers are "innocent" or "harmless" has clearly graduated high school a long time ago. Or they were hit with a metal rod right after they graduated and somehow lost all memories of how truly awful this place can be. Because by Jupiter! It is terrible.

As always I have to pretend today as well that I am completely okay and confident. I can't afford to let anyone see how much I hate leadership. Though if I am being honest, I doubt they would care. Everyone thinks I make a good leader. No one cares whether I like it or not or how the fear of not being good enough eats me alive each day and keeps me up at nights.

The only person that does seem to care is my girlfriend, Piper. She is the most beautiful person ever, but more importantly, the most understanding one. She is my best friend, along with my homie Leo. The two of them really make high school bearable. I don't know how I'll survive next year without Leo constantly joking around or Piper pretending to be offended by his jokes, even though she secretly finds them funny too.

But college is still a year away and I don't want to ruin the moment by worrying too much. Plus, it's not like anything I can't handle, right? I mean life has thrown some pretty big punches my way before but I have mostly overcome them all. The only one I have trouble overcoming is when my sister Thalia ran away because of mum...

I shake the memory out of my head. Today of all days I cannot allow myself to feel sad. Because today is the day we finally present our midsem projects.

When it was announced that seniors have to present an interdiscliplinary project in groups of four, it was obvious who two of my teammates would be. However, choosing a fourth one proved to be a tough task. Piper, Leo and I mostly just keep to ourselves. There isn't anyone else from our year that we could've teamed up with. Plus, everyone we asked was already in a group.

Normally having one member less would affect the project work and might even hinder the pace, but Pipes, Leo and I were so well-coordinated that I think we might have a great presentation today, in spite of being one member short. Though I really hope the lack of one person doesn't reflect on our grades. Mr Hedge isn't really the most understanding teacher. He wouldn't listen when we try to explain why we only have 3 people in our group instead of four.

But I think we will nail it. Leo has worked really hard to prepare our model, and Piper always crushes every public speech she has to give. She doesn't just give, she delivers.

Both of my teammates are pretty well-prepared and I think will do amazingly. Which means that I have to do my bit amazingly too because everything rests on my shoulders now.

To be continued...

A/N again: so I don't really remember what I had written initially as I wrote it over 10 months ago, but I made a few changes. For starters, I made Jason have trouble with always being thrusted the role of a leader, which was inspired by a tumblr post I saw a while back (it was about how the biggest fear for most demigods is kinda ironic and honestly paradoxical; i.e. thalia being scared of heights, percy fearing drowning, piper scared of breaking hearts, jason scared of being a bad leader or not good enough, etc.) Anyways I really hope my lil fanfic did the characters justice and didn't feel too different or weird :)
Please do leave a comment on what you thought about this one!