Y3: Tea and Talons

A/N ~ I really hope you're liking this story! If you have any requests, comment them right now!! Enjoy <3

∞ ϟ 9¾ ♔ ⚯͛ △⃒⃘ ➵ ♆

The first week in Hogwarts has passed and so much has been going on already...

Firstly, the drama about Sirius Black is exactly the same, or even worse, when arriving at Hogwarts. Secondly, both Y/N and Harry had passed out because of the dementors. Both of them, mostly Harry, have gotten teased about it all week. And lastly, Y/N had finally discovered what her least favorite subject was: Divinations with Trelawney. The woman was absolutely out of her mind. Y/N had always hated the so-called art of staring into gloomy crystal balls and predicting her future, specifically her death. But in her case, she had to stare at tea leaves.

"Miss Malfoy, I would like you to look into Miss Parkinson's tea leaves." said the professor in her usual raspy voice. Professor Trelawney was very thin, and her glasses magnified her eyes several times their natural size. She had countless chains and beads hanging around her neck, and her arms and hands were encrusted with bangles and rings.

"It just looks like a load of soggy brown stuff," said Y/N.

"Broaden your minds, my dears, and allow your eyes to see past the mundane!" Professor Trelawney cried.

Y/N let out a big snort, and Pansy started to mimic the teacher. The girls couldn't stop giggling.

"Now, Miss Malfoy, what do you see?"

Y/N started at the cup for what felt like hours and then finally noticed something.

"I think I see the sun..." "Wait no, it kind of looks like a skull, that means she's in danger right?" said Y/N as she flipt the pages in her copy of Unfogging the Future. Pansy's eyes widened and she looked at Professor Trelawney, waiting for some reassurance that she was most certainly not in danger.

"Look closer deary." said Trelawney in an eager voice.

Y/N furrowed her eyebrows and looked hard at the tea leaves.

"I don't know." Y/N stated, crossing her arms.

"I assure you Mr.Potter would know." Professor Trelawney said with a small sort of grin on her face.

The whole class, including Y/N, looked over at Harry.

"Yes yes, i can feel your aura pulsing my dear, that is not a skull you see, it is a face." "Mr. Harry Potter's face surely," said the professor confidently.

Y/N looked at her teacher and her jaw dropped. There was absolutely no way she had said that outloud to the entire class.

"Wait but this is Pansy's cup so why aren't you saying it to her." said Y/N confused. Pansy looked at Y/N with a HEY WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING face.

"Sorry..." Y/N mouthed to her friend.

"Well... in this case, what you are seeing is a sign for you my dear" said Trelawney in a low deep voice.

"How do you even know if I saw that scarheads face!" said Y/N, raising her voice. But now that she thought of it she did see a face.

"I have my ways." said Professor Trelawney as she winked.

Y/N looked at Pansy and then at her brother, who was sitting three tables away, and she was giving both of them a please help me look. Her brother sniggered along with his cronies Crabbe and Goyle. Y/N huffed and looked back at the teacher.

"May I continue Miss Y/N?"

"Yes..." Y/N mumbled as she sank into her chair.

"You, my dear, are in love, and whoever you see in this cup will love you back." Professor Trelawney looked at the raven haired boy and back at Y/N. The whole class started laughing and at this point Y/N was laughing as well. Hermione, Ron and Harry were the only people not laughing, they were all looking at Y/N and then at Harry, their eyes and mouths opened wide.