Chapter one.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Ughhhhh" I groaned into my pillow hearing the sound of my annoying alarm clock.
It's another Monday, another day to go into the building called school, another day to act like I love it there, well not that I hate it, it's a complicated thing.
"Ughhh" I groaned again, I'm the most confused soul you will ever meet, I seem to love school I don't hate it either, I guess I just hate the fact that it's another place where everyone expect so much from me .

I'm a very brilliant girl, always leading the class, lowest grade ever was a "B" aside that one time I scored below average in my math test in junior class
which I cried my eyes out.

Well, I think now you understand my complicated feelings about this building called school, I'm one of those people who can't deal with the idea of failing.

My phone ringing snapped me out of my thoughts
"oh God, I'm going to be late for my class" I whispered to myself.

I hunged up, not bothering to check who it was that was calling, it's probably just my friend Khaddie.

Don't worry, you'll know about Khaddie later.

I turned on my room light and walked up to my mirror, yeah, you guessed right, I'm one of those girls........ Calm down, I don't take a mirror to school or maybe I do, let's find out uhn.
I'm obsessed with staring at myself in the mirror.

But, you can't blame me tho I'm a 5'3, petite, dark skinned, 17 yr old Nigerian girl.
I mean, define pretty....... But I still get mixed feelings bout my looks.

Everyone always let me know how pretty I am but no matter how long or how much I stare at myself in the mirror I do not see the beauty, so I kinda keep staring at my mirror, one day I might see the beauty everyone's fascinated about.

I sighed and stripped out of my nightwear and walked into the bathroom.
I can feel how chaotic my day is going to be.

I quickly did my business in the bathroom. Don't ask me what.
I've decided I'm going to look cute today, I picked out a black mini skirt and white crop top

"Hmm I think I should wear the black boots " I said to my self staring at my one and only black boots in my shoe rack.
I'm literally obsessed with this one footwear out of many, I'm one of those humans who wears a particular item till I get bored of it but still wear it even though I have many others.

I put my clothes on put my braids in two pig tails, "hehe, I hope Khaddie compliments me", I giggled.

I stared at myself in the mirror and sighed.
"Do I even look good"? I whispered to myself.

My phone ringing again alerted me
"Oh for fuck sake Khaddie I'm on my way "I said picking up my phone knowing it her already

"Well don't curse at me ma'am you know you are really young to be saying those words out loud "she replied .

Yeah, Khaddie is a nice bully to me.

"You know Khaddie y'all that act innocent are the worst, I know you are a little minx so don't lecture me and cut it out ,I'm on my way "i replied and hunged up .

She pisses me off sometimes with her little miss innocent act .Khaddie is a 19 yr old adult,who likes acting all innocent and always shrieking when talking about dirty things, I still don't get it, why does she find these things so interesting.

I'm younger I should act innocent but I grew up way too fast.

I'm currently in 200level ,University of Oyo state, Nigeria studying Molecular Biology.

I put my books in my totebag and ordered a ride to school.
I walked out of my dorm and locked the door.
My phone beeped notifying me of the rider arriving.

"Good morning" I whispered boarding the cab plugging my earphones in not bothering to hear his reply.

Within few minutes we got to my school gate and the cab dropped me off.

I could already see Khaddie cute big head waiting at the entrance.

"Hi little minx" I said as soon as I got to her side.
"Heyyy Kaisha" she replied in a very high pitched tone.

"You need to tone your voice down girll" I teased her as we made our way to our first class.

Her voice is cute, we both have the same doll kind of voice, her's has more pitch compared to mine.

We entered the lecture hall, I could feel a lot of gaze on us, I should be used to it by this time but it still makes my skin crawl, I don't still understand why they stare so much.

"Ufff"I said seating in one of the empty seats.

Khaddie went on to chat with other course mates while I just kept to myself like I always do.

The lecturer finally got here, it was the Medical Physics lecturer grumpy like ever.

I brought out my book and listened attentively.
I would completely pass out if anything goes wrong with my grades.

Soon the lecture was over and I was packing my bags with Khaddie nowhere to be found anymore.

As soon as the lecturer walked out I could see John walking over.

"Oh shit, not this again" I whispered.

He likes me, or so he thinks.
He told me last semester, I have never liked anyone or kissed anyone or dated anyone I don't think I'm ready either.
Mentally, I'm not innocent but physically I am totally innocent,

"Hi Kisha " he said as soon as he approached me.
"It's Kaisha" I snapped because why would you like someone you can't even pronounce her name correctly yet.
"Come on, I think Kisha is cool" he said.
"Hi" I said rolling my eyes slightly as I tried to walk away.
"Can i help you with your bag at least" He said.
"No" I whispered.

"Can this guy move along already"I thought.
I feared I might have even said that out loud but it seems I didn't cause he didn't react.
He's cute and all but I'm really not interested in dealing with boys issues.

"Can you at least even act like I exist I can barely hear you"He said

Oh fvck, I did say it out loud, he just didn't hear me clearly.
Hold on, and why do I care again?

"Well move along if you can't hear me, you are trying too hard, don't you think so and it sucks by the way" I replied staring at him blankly.

"Ok" he replied walking away with a disappointed look on his face.

Gosh now I feel bad!
He looked really hurt, maybe I shouldn't have snapped but I really hated people trying to make me like them.

Well, you see one of the reasons I don't talk much is because I'm too blunt........

I sighed walking out of the lecture hall.

_______________
Hiii guys!!!!!!
I decided to give writing a chance
Hmm so I hope you all like it (SAY YOU DO!!!)

Please don't forget to vote and comment.