S1:E1 'Camp Cretaceous'

I climbed out of a car and walked over to the docks. I saw five kids about my age. Listening to two people in a red t-shirt speaking. I think his name is dave. "DINOSAURS!" A dark-skinned boy interrupts. "Yes..." Roxie checks her clipboard "....Darius, plenty of dinosaurs. So ready for an adventure?" "Absolutely, but I'm gonna need that speech a little shorter, and really try to lean into the majesty of this place," a girl with light pink hair explained as I walked over.

"Diana glad you finally made it" Dave exclaimed causing the group to turn their heads to look at me "We were just about to get going." I nod my head. "Now let's get the seven of you to camp!" Dave said while pointing the in the direction of the truck. "Uh, there are six of us" the boy who was throwing up earlier interjects. "Wait" Dave looks over at each of us. "Dino-kid, Track-Star, Internet Girl, Wild-child, Barfy, Texas," the 'co-counceler' mumbles to himself. "He's right. Where seven?" He says more loudly this time. Roxie scoffs.

I turned around at the sound of a helicopter landing. Out of it steps a black-haired boy. "Greetings, my dudes. Kenji is here let the party commence." I roll my eyes. He throws his bag at the of the councillors but I catch it before it can hit her and throw it back at him. "Okay let's go," Roxie says cheerily completely ignoring Kenji laying on the ground.

Everyone climbed into the back of the truck. I choose to not sit next to the fanny pack kid. I buckled my seat belt as the truck took off. I soon was very relieved about my decision as he complained about not doing well on windy roads.

The pink-haired girl pointed her phone's camera at herself and started recording." Whats good Brooklander? It's your girl Brooklynn coming at you from the best place ever: Camp Cretaceous." she gestured behind her, "Like and subscribe to join me as I unbox Jurassic world!" That's where I knew her from I thought to myself. I have seen a few of her videos but I wouldn't consider myself a fan. It's not really the type of content I'm into. "Okay, I need you all to say who you are and a little bit about yourself." she continued. "And action," She said pointing the camera at the dark-skinned boy's face.

He stuttered a bit. "I beat this awesome VR dinosaur game, Im Darius by the w-" He was cut off by a black-haired girl. I'm sorry, but I just can't believe you're the Brooklyn!" she said excitedly. Great I a fan. "Im Sammy Gutierrez, total Broooklander!" She made finger guns and imitated a gunshot noise. "Oh, also, my family supplies all the beef for the park, and that's how I got here." "Good to meet you, Sammy," Brooklyn said smiling. Darius looked confused. "Um... What's a Brooklander?"He asked "Oh, that's just what my online followers call themselves," Brooklyn said. "Yeah, all 27 million of us," Sammy said. I sighed. Did Sammy not get she was trying to be humble? This caught Kenjis attention. "Hold on. Rich and famous? Oh, meant to be." He said then took a picture with Brooklyn using her phone. I scoffed.

The truck stopped suddenly causing everyone the scream. "Uh, Dave, what's going on?" said the boy who keeps vomiting asked. "Nothing you need to worry about," he said as he and Roxie climbed out of the car "But you should all stay in your seats." The other campers rushed to one side of the truck to watch the counsellors walk into the jungle. I was about to follow but heard a slight rustling in the bushes on the other side. A small clicking came from the bushes. "Where am I where is my family, why are these humans trying to hurt me." The rustling got closer. Darius turned around "Uh, guys...guys." The rest of the group started to turn around. A lime green compy jumped out of the foliage and onto Darius' chest knocking him over. "AHHH!!!" Kenji screamed and the rest of the campers jumped back in alarm. Darius looked up at the Compy and gasped. It starts to jump away but I catch it midair. "Let me go I need to get back to my family!" the compy shrieked flailing in my arms. "I'm just trying to help you," I said back in a clicking noise "The humans just want to bring you back to your home." "Really" The compy stopped flailing around and tilted its head at me. "Yeah, they just want to bring you back home" I replied while gently stroking the lizard's back. The comp started to drift off to sleep as I placed it in the cat carrier.