S1:E2 'Secrets'

(Diana's Outfit for the Genetics Lab)

"Diana!" Kenji yells at me "please tell me you have a plan!" I ignore him and turn to the fully formed pack of velociraptors. "Diana, What are you doing here?" Blue questions tilting her head. "I followed them" I answered pointing at the campers behind me. "Why are they in our territory?" Echo growled "They got lost and thought this was the compy pen" I answered. I glanced behind me and saw Kenji run out of the now-open metal gates. "I should get going now," I said to Blue who nodded. "Goodbye sisters" I called after them as they raced off to the meat that had just been dropped into their enclosure.

I walked out of the gates and towards the group of people that had formed nearby. I stood next to Kenji and watched as Roxie rushed up to us "Are you hurt? is everyone all right?" She said while checking everyone over for injuries. Kenji started to slowly walk away as if that would do anything. "Where do you think you're going?" Roxie says as she pulled him back by the shoulder "You lot are in big trouble!"

"B-bu-he-wa-i" Darius stuttered trying to explain himself. "Save it," Roxie said "Well decide what to do with you later if you even get to remain here after a stunt like this." I have to admit I kind of felt bad for the kid this was his life's dream after all.

Once we got back to camp the counsellors told the boys to wait in the main area as I told them my side of the story before telling me to return to my dorm. Of course, I wanted to know what would happen to them so I hide in the room and watch as they talk.

They sat in silence waiting for the counsellors to speak to them. Well, almost silence as Kenji kept making popping noises with his mouth which seemed to be annoying Darius.

"How could you do something so stupid!" He snapped at Kenji who stopped popping. "I do a lot of stupid things you'll have to be more specific than that" He answered and I rolled my eyes. "Girls love a grand gesture, Junior. You'll understand when you're older" He continues. Darius shakes his head and sighs. "Okay, maybe it wasn't my best idea." I would hope it wasn't otherwise that would make him royally stupid. "Look, I don't want to get kicked out either, when my dad..." He pauses "My whole life, I've been trying to make him proud. If he finds out that I messed up again, he might finally give up on me for good.

"Why is he telling Darius this?" I thought. That doesn't seem like a very Kenji thing to do. I was pulled out of my thoughts as Dave and Roxie entered the room. "We gave Brooklyn a warning for sneaking out but what you two did!" Dave said angrily. "Especially you Kenji!" Roxie joined in "Your actions put yous and the people around your lives at risk. We should call you parents for this!"

"It was my fault!" Darius interrupts causing the adults' attention to be drawn to him. "What?" Roxie questions with a mixture of surprise and confusion lacing her voice. "It was my idea to sneak out and it was my idea for Kenji to go into the raptor pen." Darius says quickly before sighing "I convinced Kenji that it was safe for Kenji to go into the enclosure and get Brooklyn's phone back." The counsellors looked to Kenji for confirmation. "It's true, Darius here said it was safe to go in and of course, I trusted him because he knows tons about dinosaurs." Roxie just looked confused. "I'm sorry but Darius the dino-nerd thought it was safe to go into a carnivore inclosure with dinosaurs that have to be isolated from the public because they were too aggressive," Roxie said sceptically. "We thought they were compys," Darius defended himself. Roxie just sighs. "Alright but you are both still in trouble. Now head to bed."

I waited for everyone to leave the room before checking my watch. It was 3 am meaning we had five more hours till we had to be awake. Knowing this I went down the elevator and walked onto the driveway where Dave and Roxie's car had already left. I quickly scanned the area and saw my motorcycle propped against a tree. I quickly mounted it and sped through the jungle in the direction of my sisters' inclosure.