6. Single Father

September 22nd, 2014
7:03 AM

  Jackson felt like a new man. Stiles had healed him, helping him accept his Kanima/Wolf. Derek should be looking out, or Stiles would be the new master of the rich boy. Jackson had watched Spongebob non-stop or Nickelodeon since he was never allowed to watch it.

  Stiles finished cleaning the second floor. The Attic was dusty, and Stiles would be damned if he entered the basement. It looked very scary and dangerous to go down there. Jackson would have to hire someone to clean it out, as Stiles thought it would be cool to convert the basement into a wolf den.

  Surprisingly, yet not... no one contacted the two over the weekend, not even Stiles' father. Jackson laughed at every other joke as he watched Drake and Josh for the first time. He remembered people making inside jokes about the show through elementary and middle school, but he was just now in on the joke.

  He looked over to the couch to see Stiles fast asleep. Listening to his heartbeat to make sure he wasn't having a nightmare. He even listened to the baby's heartbeat to ensure the little being was healthy.

  Jackson just looked at Stiles for what seemed like hours. He now realized how beautiful the boy's lily-white skin was. Stiles had tiny freckles over his nose, forehead, and lips. His nearly black hair was such a contrast to his white skin. He was stunning... Jackson didn't even feel this way toward Lydia.

  He needed to get something from the kitchen. He gently closed Stiles' open mouth so he wouldn't get a sore throat when he woke up. Jackson was still slightly dizzy as he stood up, but it was manageable.

  Jackson decided to fix breakfast to thank Stiles for all the hard work these past few days. It was most likely not going to stay civil between them. Stiles was quiet this week because he wasn't with Scott and was recovering from his trauma with the hunters.

  Jackson was surprised that Stiles was such a good cook. Besides the soup, he had made bread from scratch, a roast, and potato chips. Jackson didn't like to cook, even though his parents had made him go to Italy the summer after his first year and learn from the best.

  He slowly made it upstairs to go outside on the balcony. He assumed his birth parents liked to garden since the balcony was all grass, and they had a trellis of tomatoes down to the overrun garden on the ground.

  He plucked some ripe ones and returned to make some pasta concoctions. He didn't have much since he hadn't been to the store in a few months. He would usually order takeout or eat somewhere.

  Jackson rehydrated some dried onions in his spice cabinet, getting wine from the basement to make something close to spaghetti even though he didn't have meat for meatballs. He heard Stiles' phone chiming and Stiles waking up.

  "Derek..." Stiles said, and Jackson raised an eyebrow. The Alpha has been MIA for a couple of days now. Stiles hated all the hormones he was experiencing. It didn't help that he was groggy from waking up abruptly. "Derek, Where are you? I need you," Stiles started to cry. Jackson froze, wondering why Stiles was crying to Derek.

  "I... think you would be better off without me..."