8. Check Up

October 25th, 2014
10:03 AM
  Stiles felt vulnerable and cold as he was instructed to sit on the metal table. He shouldn't have worn shorts and a tank top. It had only been a little over four weeks after conception, so it was too early to do an ultrasound. Deaton was doing tests to make sure Stiles was healthy enough to carry this baby. Collecting some blood samples and testing them never hurt.

  "May I?" Deaton asked, and Stiles nodded before the man touched Stiles' belly. He wasn't even showing, and more people had touched his stomach than his entire life. "From what I can sense, you and your baby are very healthy, but testing blood samples never hurt.

  "You can tell that just from touching his belly?" Jackson asked, confused.

  "I can tell that the baby is forming their liver right now... I also know the gender. Would you like to know?" Deaton asked with a happy smile. He loved dealing with pregnant patients. He generally loved helping them through the process. It was just that much sweeter as it was someone he considered a friend.

  "I don't like surprises, so yes?" Stiles said, hoping it was a boy. He was slowly getting happier since he knew his pack would be there for them even though Derek flaked. Stiles watched Deaton's face drop, "What? What's wrong?"

  "Calm down, son..." Deaton did something unprofessional and placed his ear close to Stiles' belly. Scott saw that Stiles was mortified, so he held his hand. "Stiles, calm down. Nothing is wrong with the baby...

  "What are you doing then?" Jackson asked, placing a hand on Stiles' shoulder.

  "I... am trying to decide how many heartbeats there are," He said, and Stiles and the guys widened their eyes. Lydia, as tone-deaf as ever, was so happy she squealed.

  "Oh my god, I will have so many nieces and nephews... I hope they are all girls," She clapped.

  "It's okay. We will figure it out," Jackson said as his eyes flashed pink, momentarily diverting attention away from Stiles.

  "Jackson? Why are your eyes pink?" Scott asked, confused, and that got Deaton's attention. Jackson was turning red as all the attention was on him. His eyes hadn't returned to normal as Stiles looked up at him.

  "Interesting..." Deaton said.

  "You know what it means? He has been doing it since he was sick... Do you think it's an effect of Moonberry Poisoning?" Stiles asked as Jackson's eyes faded, but they became almost blindingly pink after he said. Stiles looked back at Jackson, and his eyes turned pink.

  "Oh god, it's contagious," Isaac covered his eyes.

  "Relax, boy, it's not contagious, and it isn't an effect of Moonberry Poisoning." Deaton smiled at the two as he took his stethoscope out and checked Stiles' vitals. "It's nearly impossible for me to tell this early. I would have to do an ultrasound later on to be sure. I think you are carrying four pups,"

  "Woah... good job, buddy, that must be rare," Scott smiled, hugging Stiles as he was visibly rattled.