45. How do you Feel? Fat & Disgusting

"So, how are you feeling?"'

"Fat and disgusting." Davina answered

"I mean, are you having any discomfort, fatigue?"

"Yeah, that's all I have." Davina agreed.

"I think what Davi's saying is she feels over eight moons pregnant." Alicent offered

"Eight hundred moons." Davina corrected. "What if this is triplets, I can't handle that many, I can't my body can only be pushed so far."

"When I heard the maester was coming..." Viserys remarked as he peered him. "No babe?"

"Not yet." The maester agreed.

"Is it done? Am I a big sister yet?" Valyria pondered hopefully.

"Not enough screaming," Draeya corrected.

"You took forever." Haenry agreed, Davina glanced to them.

"And she got Hellfire that day too." Haezel recalled.

"Yes thats right, she yelled at the dragon trainers and went into labor but was too distracted by Fury and hellfire hatching that father had to carry her... back." Draeya stopped herself looking to Davina.

"I will come get you once your mother is done." Alicent remarked shooing them out.

"Okay, yes, back to me." Davina remarked. "Uh, how's everything sounding, feeling, all that?"

"Well, baby seems okay, but I am concerned about your blood pressure."

"That's the contraption you were testing out." Alicent realized.

"Yes."

"You think it's preeclampsia?" Alicent questioned.

"Look at you knowing maester words." Davina remarked as she cocked her head towards alicent.

"Actually, that's a possibility." The maester agreed.

"I read the maesters book, they are really advancing pregnancy taking proper precautious. Would you like to read it?" Alicent pondered.

"I'm living through it." Davina corrected.

"I'd like to put you on bed rest until the babe comes Princess, and then recheck you in a fortnight if the babes not out yet. "

"Is that really necessary?" Davina countered.

"It is. "

"Fortnight is a really long time and I feel very pregnant. Its coming soon. Right? It has to. I cant expand for another fortnight!" Davina begged.

+

"How you doing?" Alicent questioned as she came in.

"Uh, well, I'm lying in bed and a very pretty lady just brought me food" Davina remarked. "It's not the worst day ever." Alicent blushed as she put down the tea and toast.  "You gonna stay and keep me company. I know I phrased that was a question but it wasnt." Davina assured smiling back at her.

"No place I would rather be." Alicent agreed sliding in beside her.

"Mama!" Rhaegar shouted running in. "I got you all the toys to play with." Davina looked at the swords and figurines.

"Maybe not the swords." Alicent suggested.

"Right." Rhaegar agreed sliding them aside.

"Mama I have a tummy ache." Valyria declared crawling into bed beside davina.

"Me too honey." Davina agreed as Valyria snuggled into her.

"Mine hirts really bad." Valyria informed her.

"Mine too honey." Davina repeated kissing her head.

"Val I got stuff mama to play with since she cant leave the bed." Rhaegar declared.

"Mama! Valyria ate all the cookies Daeron Vaera and I made for you!" Haezel declared storming into the room. "Val."

"Thats why your tummy hurts." Davina realized.

"Oops." Valyria whispered hiding her face in Davinas side.

"They were really good." Vaera added.

"They were good." Valyria murmured.

"We can make more." Daeron assured leaning into Haezel. "You and me though. We can kick Vaera out." Haezel blushed leaning into him and Alicent noticed.

"Our babies." Alicent whispered leaning into Davina. Davinas gaze shifted past Valyria and vaera and she saw Daeron smiling into Haezel holding her hand. Davina used to think Haezel and Jace were going to be together but after driftmark Haezel saw Jace and Luke attack Aemond. Her view on them shifted. She didnt want to see them again. She made it clear.

Davina understood and seeing Haezel with Daeron now it made her happy. Davinas hand ran along her stomach. She could do this. She could have this baby. Her children were going to be okay. She was going to be okay. They could do this.

+

''Argh.' Davinas face pinched as she ran into the dresser.

''Davina?'' Alicent questioned rubbing at her eyes as she sat up squinting in the darkness.

''Fffffuuuuuccck!'' She hissed her toes curling

''What are you doing Davi?'' Alicent questioned getting up and moving around the bed. ''Davina?''

''Shh go to sleep. You are sleeping.'' Davina told her and she heard Alicent laugh.

''I'm not asleep because you are... rearranging furniture in the middle of the night?'' Alicent pondered.

"Ha ha." Davina countered.

"Sneaking out to meet new lovers." Alicent offered as she reached Davina running her hands over Davinas arms.

''Oh yes. This pregnant and Im looking for someone as wonderful as you correction more wonderful-" davina mused "-that not only tolerates my attitude and dramatics but encourages it." Davina remarked and Alicent smiled into her. "I got lucky twice with Harwin and you. Im not trying for a third."

"Well thats a relief." Alicent laughed out. "Now let me help you."

"I had to pee. This baby is squishing my bladder.'' Davina informed her moving cautiously back to the bed. arms outstretched feet dragging along the cold ground. Alicent held onto her guiding Davina back to bed.

''All better?" Alicent questioned softly as Davina tried to get comfortable again. Davina hummed sinking into the bed.

''I want a little boy.'' Davina admitted and Alicent couldnt help but smile through the darkness. ''But maybe I dont. I dont know no matter what I'm going to be sad again and happy and moody and... because its Harwin...'' davinas words drifted off as she felt a kick. ''He's strong.'' Davina remarked taking Alicent's hand and putting it on her stomach. ALicent felt the babe kick again. ''This baby is going to be a dragon rider.'' Davina declared. ''This baby will have a dragon, and it will be my baby's best friend and protector. Keep them safe when I'm not near.'' Davina told Alicent with confidence.

''Helaena loved the book you got her." Alicent remarked. "She hasnt put it down. Helaena likes her bugs more than dragons. How disappointing for you.' Alicent mused kissing Davinas neck.

''She is original''. Davina agreed. 'I like how interested in little lives she is. I think we all could use some of her imagination."