19

Harry spent three days in the hospital wing. Me and Hermione only spent that night and Ron two nights. I visited Harry everytime I could. But we did have exams due. Hermione and Ron rushed into the library and grabbed my arms.

"What?" I asked.

Before I could say anything else I was dragged to the hospital wing.

"Harry's awake." Said Hermione.

We went in and saw Harry laying there. We all ran up to him. I bent down and hugged him.

"Oh Harry, we were sure you were going to... Dumbledore was so worried..." Said Hermione.

"The whole school's talking about it. What really happened?" Asked Ron.

Harry told us the story and about what Dumbledore said.

"So the stone's gone?" Asked Ron.

"Flamel and his wife will just die?" I asked.

"That's what I said, but Dumbledore thinks that.... What was it? 'to the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure.'" Said Harry.

"I always said he was off his rocker." Said Ron.

"So what happened to you three?" Asked Harry.

"Well me and Hallie got back alright. We had to carry Ron though. We were just at the front door when we met Dumbledore and then he said 'Harry's gone after him, hasn't he.' then left for the third floor." Said Hermione.

"Of course he already had to have know." I said.

"Do you think he ment you to do it? Sending your father's cloak and everything?" Asked Ron.

"Well, if he did....I mean to say.....that's terrible. You could have been killed." Said Hermione.

"Yeah did he at least tell you why?" I asked.

"No, he's a funny man. I think he sort of wanted to give me a chance. I think he knows more or less everything that goes on here, you know. I reckon he had a pretty good idea we were going to try and instead of stopping us, he just taught us enough to help. I don't think it was an accident he let me find out how the mirror worked. It's almost like he thought I had the right to face Voldemort if I could." Said Harry.

"Yeah, dumbledore's off his rocker, all right." Said Ron.

"I agree." I said.

"Listen, you've got to be up for the end of the year feast tomorrow. The points are all in in slytherin's won, of course. You missed the last quidditch match, we were steamrolled by Ravenclaw without you. But the food will be good." Said Ron.

"Or if your not up for it. I'll just eat here with you." I said.

Madam Pomfrey came over.

"You've had nearly fifteen minutes, now out!" Said madam Pomfrey.

We all left and I gave Harry one last hug. The next day I went with Hagrid to see my brother. He said he had a present to give us. When we got there Hagrid became a crying mess. Me and Harry tried to help him. It wasn't untill Harry bellowed Voldemort's name did Hagrid stop crying.

"I've brought yeh a present." Said Hagrid.

"It's not a stoat sandwich, is it?" Asked Harry.

I laughed and Hagrid gave a weak chuckle.

"Nah. Dumbledore gave me the day off yesterday ter fix it. 'Course he shoulda have sacked me instead...anyway, got yeh this." Said Hagrid.

He held out a handsome, leather covered book. Harry took it and opened it. I looked over his shoulder to see it full of wizard photographs. Smiling and waving at us from every page was our mother and father.

"Sent owls off ter all your parents' old school friends ,askin' fer photos...knew yeh didn't have any...d'yeh like it?" Asked Hagrid.

"Oh they're wonderful. Thank you Hagrid." I said.

It was photos from when they were in school. One of our dad with three other boys. Underneath said James, Sirius, Remus and Peter.

Our mom with a beautiful brown headed girl, a timid girl hiding behind them and a boy with the same red hair as our mom beside her. This one was labeled Lilly, Luke, Rebecca and Alice best friends. A small photo under that one showed Rebecca with my mom and a white/black haired girl. That girl was in a Slytherin tie.

Another had that same brown headed girl with one of the boys from our dad's friends and another boy who looks similar to the first, probably brothers. That one wasn't labeled. One from our parents wedding. Which had mom and dad in the middle. Surrounded by all their friends.

"Let's go to the feast." Said Harry.

Hagrid had already left. I was still with Harry waiting for madam Pomfrey to be done. We walked side-by-side to the Great Hall. Everyone was already there. We parted and Harry went to sit at the Gryffindor table. Everything was decked out with Slytherin's color.

"Another year gone!" Said Dumbledore.

Everyone fell quite. I looked up at him.

"And I must trouble you with an old man's wheezing waffle before we sink our teeth into our delicious feast. What a year it has been! Hopefully your heads are a little Fuller than they were before.....you have the whole summer ahead to get them nice and empty before next year starts..... Now, as I understand it, the house cup here needs awarding, and the points stand this: in fourth place gryffindor, with 312 points; in third Hufflepuff with 352; Ravenclaw has 426 and Slytherin, 472." Said Dumbledore.

A wave of cheering and stamping broke out from the Slytherin table. I looked back to see Mattheo, Theo, Blaise and Annabelle clapping.

"Yes, yes well done, Slytherin. However, recent events must be taken into account." Said Dumbledore.

The room went very still. The slytherin's smiles faded a little.

"I have a few last minute points to dish out. Let me see, yes first to Mr Ronald Weasley." Said Dumbledore.

I looked over to see Ron. He's face went red and he looked down.

"For the best played game of chess Hogwarts has seen in many years, I award Gryffindor House 50 points." Said Dumbledore.

The Gryffindor's cheered. You could hear Percy yelling some about Ron being his younger brother. Then it was silent again.

"Second, to miss Hermione granger. For the use of cool logic in the face of fire, I award Gryffindor House 50 points." Said Dumbledore.

Once again the Gryffindor table cheered. I looked over to Hermione but she had her face covered by her arms.

"Certainly to Mr Harry potter. For pure nerve and outstanding courage, I award Gryffindor House 60 points." Said Dumbledore.

"And for Hallie Potter, for never giving up on family. Even when your life could be on the line. I award 30 points." Said Dumbledore.

The Hufflepuff table cheered and my friends yelled the loudest. Even my Slytherin and Ravenclaw friends. I smiled but knew he only did it for Harry. That man disliked me for some reason. But I don't like him either.

Dumbledore raised his hand and everyone fell silent again.

"There are all kinds of courage. It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends. I therefore award 10 points to Mr Neville longbottom." Said Dumbledore.

Someone standing outside the Great Hall might well have thought some sort of explosion had taken place so loud was the noise that erupted from the Gryffindor table. The hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws also standing up to cheer.

"Which means, if my math is right. We need a little change of decoration." Said Dumbledore over the cheers.

Dumbledore clapped his hands. In an instant, the green and silver colors of Slytherin change to become scarlet and gold. The Gryffindor's had won the house cup. I caught Harry's eye and saw he was smiling just as I was. Over all it was a good year. That night I wrote it all down and saw I might need a new book soon.