𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐎

-ˏˋ SHUT UP! ˊˎ

─────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───────

You strummed the strings of your acoustic guitar, trying to drown out the faint banging noise from upstairs. It was already the next day, and the dark circles under your eyes weren't gonna be easy to cover up.

Maybe having great hearing wasn't the best thing after all.

You weren't able to get any sleep at all, so you've been practicing your guitar skills since last night in hopes of distracting yourself. It wasn't the best method, but it was enough to keep you entertained.

The noises came back after a few seconds, and you sighed in frustration. Finally deciding to do something about it, you wore your (f/c) jacket and left the apartment room.

On your way upstairs, you came across Sae-bom and the kid, whose name was Seo-yoon.

"Hey!" You waved at them to get their attention, and the two paused and looked at you.

"Did you get any sleep at all? I've been hearing the noises too." Sae-bom asked, and you walked to them.

"I think the answer to that is pretty obvious." You awkwardly laughed, and the two noticed your tired eyes.

"You could hear it on the second floor? Now I feel lucky for being able to sleep despite being one floor under the noisy room." She replied, and the three of you walked to the sixth floor using the stairs.

Sae-bom paused in front of a room, and you guessed that this was where the noises were coming from. You rang the doorbell, but no one answered.

Out of impatience, you started pressing the doorbell repeatedly, and Seo-yoon covered her ears.

"I'm coming!" The door opened, and you stared at the annoyed-looking man. "I live downstairs, and it's been so noisy last night... Are you doing construction work here?" Sae-bom asked.

While the man was trying to make up an excuse, you tried to take a peek inside his apartment. "I'm sorry. I'm moving my furniture, so..."

Sae-bom found his excuses suspicious, so she tried to take a peek inside too. The man closed the gap on his door a bit more, making you struggle.

"In the middle of the night?" You asked, making sure that the suspiciousness in your tone was obvious. "I'm a person with initiative, so I have to do things when I decide to." He said back slowly as if he wasn't even sure of his answer.

"All right, then." The man spoke up again, and he told Sae-bom that they enjoyed the rice cake, which made you realize that he probably wasn't living alone.

"How'd you know it was me? We never met before." Sae-bom asked, unable to recall when she'd ever talked to him before.

"I heard about you." He said while looking at you and the little girl. "Your daughter looks just like you, she's lovely. Your sister looks pretty too, I guess it runs in the family." He quickly said.

The man shut the door close just when you were about to deny his assumption, and you looked at the two while trying to hold back a laugh.

You got a compliment, so that's a win.

-ˋˏ ༻𑁍༺ ˎˊ-
2/5/2023 ─── edited
─────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───────