| 4 | See-Through Lies

"Wow, this is soo sa~ad!" Monokuma snickered. It had been exactly three days since the punishment. And no one really had shown signs easily as Shuichi had expected.

"You guys are either stupid or the person with the disease is a really good actor! Puhuhu!~"

Some retorted at the rude comment, but Shuichi was quite disappointed in himself. He desperately wanted to help whoever had the disease, but Shuichi felt like they weren't even trying to reveal themselves.

Monokuma continued further, "Today is Clue Day! I will give you a minimum of 3 clues ONLY. Nothing more, nothing less!" He then clears his throat, indicating the Monokubs say the clues.

"Clue #1: They are a very playful person."

"Clue #2: The person they have fallen head over heels for is the same gender as them."

Clue #3: They have a feminine figure."

Everyone stared at the Monokubs expectingly. "That's it?" Shuichi asked disappointedly.

"Yup! That's that!" Monokuma chimed.

Maki butted in, "You couldn't even at least tell us their gender?" She glared at him angrily.

"Nope! Maybe you'll get lucky on the next Clue Day.. Boohoo!"

And as quick as he came, the monochrome bear left. His children soon following after him. Kaito ran up to Shuichi, and patted his back reassuringly.

That was when hysterical laughing from the other side of the room. And of course, it was the supreme leader himself.

"You guys seriously haven't figured who has the disease yet!? They might as well kill themselves while they're at it!" Kokichi antagonized, his voice sounding strained. No one other than Shuichi noticed because they were so offended by what the short boy said.

Miu, clearly tired of his shit, argued, "If you're so fucking smart, why not tell us, huh!?" Kokichi put his hands behind his head and pouted in response.

"Well then, it wouldn't be fun anymore! Duuh!"

Shuichi put a finger to his chin.
'Kokichi's voice.. It can't be.' He thought.

'Or.. can it..?'

Shuichi thought back on the conversation that he and Kaito had. 'Okay, so if it is him, who would he like?'

Shuichi pondered and pondered, but couldn't think up of any candidates.

"Sidekick, you okay?"

Shuichi was snapped out of his train of thought by Kaito. "Sorry, I was just thinking about something."

Kaito looked at him with concern. "Was it what that jerk, Kokichi said?"

Shuichi shook his head. "No.."

'Should I tell him about my suspicions?' Shuichi asked himself. Then another question came through. 'What if Kaito ruins it? I mean, I do trust him, it's just that..'

'What if I'm wrong?'

"Hey, Shuichi, we're going to have a 'team meeting' again in the dining room. Would you like to join us?"

"Yeah, sure," he said wearily. He followed Kaito to the dining room, seeing Kokichi leaving it on their way. The two could hear Tenko yell her usual phrase,"Degenerate male!" as Kokichi did.

Shuichi sat down in a seat next to Kaito and Maki. Glancing around now, he noticed that Kokichi was the only one who wasn't here.

Of course, Kokichi always did leave early during meetings and when they ate together, but this time, Shuichi wasn't going to let it go.