*Chapter 2*

I lay on the ground. Tears start seeping through their ducts. I inhale sharply, unable to control my breathing. I hear footsteps approaching softly. Immediately, I attempt to pull myself together, pondering who in the world this could be.

I thought I was the only one left...

"Hello?", a timid voice arises.

I remain silent, unwilling to let my presence be known, until I see what is coming towards me, ever so slowly.

She looks so afraid..so fragile and elegant. She almost looks like Elizabeth, I think to myself, confused and wondering whether I should say something or hide away anyway.

It's no use. There's nowhere to hide anyway.

She catches glimpse of me and stops dead in her tracks gasping ever so slightly. She looks as though she's seen a ghost. Instinctively I turn around to make sure that no one is lurking behind me, waiting for the perfect time to strike. As I turn my head to see what monstrosity possibly lies behind me, a low menacing grunt emanates. Shock and horror plaster themselves on my face.

Oh, god, they're not back, are they?!

Once, I've turn my head around enough to see, however, nothing is there, but darkness and relief that it is just me and this woman standing before me.

She starts to approach me yet again. As she gets closer, I notice her face seems to have some dim light radiating from it. Her light blonde hair flows behind her taking flight with the wind, whenever it picked up.

"Impossible.", I whisper under my breath.

She's coming closer and seemingly getting taller and taller the closer she gets. She's only a few feet away from me and already towering over me. Fear clenches my whole body, and a knot forms at the back of my throat reaching all the way down into the pit of my stomach. I can feel my impending doom coming to a close.

Okay. I've been in this situation once before. I closed my eyes, and everything disappeared...maybe it will work this time again! I think to myself, knowing how ridiculous it all sounds.

As a feeble attempt to possibly save my life, I clenched my eyes shut so hard that I start seeing strange images in them. It seems as if the whole galaxy is my eyelids, reminding me of better days. Regardless of what is set out before me, I find comfort in this alone. As I'm clenching my eyes shut, my hands shape into fists. I guess my body is thinking that it's going to try to fight whatever creature this may be, approaching me ever so slowly and menacingly.

"Okay." I whisper through a deep sigh.

Opening my eyes, I see that not only is she still there, I am now surrounded by dozens of other similar in height. Some were more bulky. Some had razor sharp teeth, behind their evil smiles. They all towered over me at such heights that if they all didn't have glowing faces, it would have been impossible to see any of their facial features. They surrounded me on all sides, and all I could do was scream in pure shock and horror, as the laughter rose up again, from their mouths and from mouths of ones that cannot be seen.

I close my eyes again, unable to bare the sight of them, anymore.

This is it. I know it.