Chapter 4: Quiet Qiqi

Diona: "H-How many times I gotta tell ya, I'm not saying nothing!"

Jean: "Well, would you look at this?"

She placed a slip in front of her, and it had hundreds of dollars of money being added up for a total of $7,385.

"That's some pretty substantial debt that you haven't payed up yet, isn't it?"

"..."

"How about this: you scratch my back, I scratch yours. I'll clear up your debt if you help us get more information on the so called, 'landlord' that seem to be in cahoots with other criminals."

"...F-Fine, but I don't want to get involved in none of this directly, got it?"

"Loud and clear."

Jean looked happy, as she shook Diona's hand across the table we sat in front of. 

The room we were walled in was the interrogation room, however this was less of an interrogation, and more of a desperate attempt to get Diona to work with us. 

Y/N: "Ahem... If I may ask, why am I here again?"

Jean: "You're a detective, no?"

"Student. I'm still a goddamn student."

"Well, the way I see it, you've fit the qualifications so far. Whatever those qualifications are..."

"*sigh* There's still no reason for me to be in this room right now."

Jean brushed me off, and went back to talking with Diona.

Jean: "Got anyone to run to? Any friends?"

Diona: "I thought you were gonna asked questions about the landlord."

Jean: "That can wait for tomorrow."

Y/N "It's already 'tomorrow'. Time's coming up on 2 AM in a couple minutes."

"You know what I meant. Regardless, my question still stands. You got anyone to go to, Diona?"

Diona sat in her seat in front of us for a moment, playing with a small piece of her clothes as she thought to herself.

Diona: "I could go to-... Actually, never mind... Oh, I could-... Nope..."

Jean: "What's the matter?"

Diona: "...I owe everybody I know money. Money I don't have."

Jean: "Well, you could stay in one of the cells here until we clear the debt up."

"Absolutely not!"

"*groan* ...I can't take you in either. I would ask my colleague Lisa, but she might not be able to as well. Y/N?"

Y/N: "...ME?"

I hardly had enough space for me and Rosaria alone. What made her think I could fit someone else in?

There certainly wouldn't be enough space on the bed for all three of us. One of us would have to sleep elsewhere. That 'one of us' is going to end up being me, one way or another.

Jean: "So you can do it? Perfect! I'll see you both later today at noon for the questioning."

Y/N: "W-Wait!"

Jean: "The questions can wait till noon, Y/N. Keep her with you until then." She closed the door behind herself as she left.

Now, it was just Diona and I in the interrogation room. I banged my head against the table tiredly, dreading the future that was coming.